Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Reviewer Niatpac Nagrom

"reviewer Note" Does Not Automatically Send E-mail To Reviewer!

Hi!

Please note that if you write a "Reviewer note" to your cache page, the system does not automatically send e-mail to reviewer! Only if reviewer has placed your cache on watchlist, then he/she can have e-mail about it. So, if you need to contact reviewer for some reason, please go to his/her profile page and send e-mail.

Regards, Olli

Thanks for this important notice, now I know why one of my caches has not been updated.

I'll need to be more active...

Bump

Why cache owners are allowed to write "reviewer notes"? It easily gives false impression that such note goes automatically to reviewer's attention. Why not reserve reviewer notes to reviewers only and let owners write standard notes.

Bump

Why cache owners are allowed to write "reviewer notes"? It easily gives false impression that such note goes automatically to reviewer's attention. Why not reserve reviewer notes to reviewers only and let owners write standard notes.

Because owner and reviewer can have their dialog using these notes before reviewer publishes the cache, or if the reviewer later finds the cache needs to be relocated and temporarily closes it.

Because owner and reviewer can have their dialog using these notes before reviewer publishes the cache, or if the reviewer later finds the cache needs to be relocated and temporarily closes it.

That doesn't explain why owner needs to have 'Reviewer note' option in 'Type of log' drop-down menu after the cache has been publish. Regular note would serve the purpose what comes to communication with reviewer if s/he has placed the cache on watchlist.