Zodiac Series Now Taking Reservations

Eric K

USA Geocoins is now taking reservations for the first geocoin in our Zodiac Series

http://www.usageocoins.com/cancer.htm

The Zodiac series will have it's own ZD prefix

We are still working on the icon, feel free to contact me at support at usageocoins dot com if you have a suggestion for an icon you would like to submit. We do have a few other people working on some ideas.

We plan on releasing the coins on the date their sign begins.

The coins will feature a glow in the dark star chart for each coin.

Someone once told me.. if you haven't anything positive to contribute, don't say anything at all.

Oops, I need to delete my own posting now......

Maybe folks will figure out there are plenty of zodiac related cache puzzles out there and relate coin to cache. I know that _has_ to be why someone would pose a coin saluting the zodiac. Right?

my zodiac sign as well. think they are a nice coin.

It would be hard to plan that far ahead in this type of series. It would depend on if any extras were left of every one of the twelve. It would be unlikely. However, that wouldn't keep any one that buys them to get them all and sell their whole set! ;)

Zodiac series?? :P

This has to be the ultimate mixture of the sublime and the ridiculous.

A pastime based on the wonders of modern satellite and electronic technology panders to mystical drivel.

Astrology is bigotry.

Bigotry, n. Prejudgment of a person based upon an accident of birth over which the person has no control, and which has no scientific validity.

Have a look here.

Now where did I put my flak jacket? :rolleyes:

Edited by Bunya

Zodiac series?? :(

This has to be the ultimate mixture of the sublime and the ridiculous.

A pastime based on the wonders of modern satellite and electronic technology panders to mystical drivel.

Astrology is bigotry.

Bigotry, n. Prejudgment of a person based upon an accident of birth over which the person has no control, and which has no scientific validity.

Have a look here.

Now where did I put my flak jacket? :(

If you don't want to buy a coin, fine, don't buy it, but please don't come in here and try to start a flame war based on some obscure article written by an obscure magician. Perhaps astrology is not a science, but that's no reason to bring up bigotry. The coin producer was merely announcing the sale, not asking for opinions. If you don't want it, just don't order. Do not turn this thread into a discussion on bigotry, that is not at all what the OP had in mind, you brought that up, when it probably never even crossed the minds of others.

While I completely agree that biggotry may be a strong word to use, I disagree that people shouldn't be stating their opinions. It's a forum and whether you asked for opinions or not they're gonna come out. I keep hoping that all the opinions out there will be taken into consideration as future coins are made.

Back on topic, I don't see the relevance to caching, which is important to ME (note, I am only speaking for myself and not telling others how to feel). Being such, I have no interest.

Edit to clarify- If it is a personal coin and is clearly so with your cache name on it, then you should feel free to put WHATEVER you want on it. No need to be cache related, just meaningful to you.

Edited by Hula Bum
... It's a forum and whether you asked for opinions or not they're gonna come out. I keep hoping that all the opinions out there will be taken into consideration as future coins are made...

I agree with you HB... (MY opinion)

I think that SOME type of relevance to geocaching should be explained for every geocoin produced that is NOT a Personal Coin.

Given this is NOT a PC____, I feel (indicating MY opinion) that relevance should be explained for this coin.

I also feel (again MY opinion) that the artwork on this coin, while somewhat typical of some astrological representations, is lacking "character". I will wait to determine if I'd like MY sign when/if it is produced.

Thank you. :laughing:

If you don't want to buy a coin, fine, don't buy it, but please don't come in here and try to start a flame war based on some obscure article written by an obscure magician. Perhaps astrology is not a science, but that's no reason to bring up bigotry. The coin producer was merely announcing the sale, not asking for opinions. If you don't want it, just don't order. Do not turn this thread into a discussion on bigotry, that is not at all what the OP had in mind, you brought that up, when it probably never even crossed the minds of others.

You are quite right - I am out of order here - sometimes I shoot from the lip and regret it.

It is not the place to be raising this issue, important as I think it is.

And if I was going to raise it there are more appropriate links I could provide.

BTW: what does "OP" stand for?

Vis-a-vis some of the above posts re: astrology, it should be pointed out that the constellations are a very useful part of astronomy, which is a legitimate science, one which has a very large amateur component, of which I am a member. This is my reason for buying a couple of these. It should also be pointed out that astronomy was linked very strongly with astrology for several thousands of years; the two were virtually indistinguishable. It has only been in the past 200-300 years that the two have diverged. I do not believe that there is any validity to astrology, but I acknowledge the part that early (not "modern") astrology played in helping astronomy develop.

BTW, it's nice to see that Cancer is ready to crawl out into the Void :grin:

i'll have to wait awhile till they get around to Aries...

then if i like the design, i'll pick one up

Me too.

I don't have to wait til March though, right?

Deuce, the coins are scheduled to be released corresponding to the dates of the Zodiac signs. Leo is the next scheduled coin.

i'll have to wait awhile till they get around to Aries...

then if i like the design, i'll pick one up

Me too.

I don't have to wait til March though, right?

Deuce, the coins are scheduled to be released corresponding to the dates of the Zodiac signs. Leo is the next scheduled coin.

Ok, Aries are a little strong-headed and we want things NOW!!!!

:)