Gpxsonar - V1.5 Beta & New Site

Unfortunately at least one piece of software that I have to have is stuck in Windows CE 2002. since Gpxsonar is not backwards compatible I can't use it. Maybe if my Pocket PC crashes and I lose everything I will upgrade.

Slightly OT but...

I would suggest using a backup tool like Sprite Backup. I did this on my older iPAQ 2975 when I upgraded to WM2003. It restored everything just fine.

-al

Well I tried to post a question up on the GPXSonar forums and it tells me that my account has been locked or not approved yet.

I can't get some files to open with this program. I open the file that I exported via GSAK and only some of the caches will open. The little 4-colored square opens up like Windows is thinking, but nothing ever happens. Now, whenever I open GPXSonar the square is open like it is thinking. I can still click on some of the caches and get some of them to open, but only a select few will open.

I'm using a Cingular 8125 phone running Windows ME 5.0. This is not the SmartPhone version.

Well I tried to post a question up on the GPXSonar forums and it tells me that my account has been locked or not approved yet.

I can't get some files to open with this program. I open the file that I exported via GSAK and only some of the caches will open. The little 4-colored square opens up like Windows is thinking, but nothing ever happens. Now, whenever I open GPXSonar the square is open like it is thinking. I can still click on some of the caches and get some of them to open, but only a select few will open.

I'm using a Cingular 8125 phone running Windows ME 5.0. This is not the SmartPhone version.

Hi Matt,

If you're seeing the '4-colored square' indefinitely, it's because the application has crashed. Can you please provide me with the file that you're trying to open so that I can reproduce the problem? So you know, v1.5 is still under development and therefore, not stable yet. Your mileage will vary :lol:

I checked the status of your account on the site and there's nothing wrong with it. You should be able to login just fine.

Cheers,

-Fabien.

The guy who designed GPXSonar no longer supports it which is a real shame. Great program. If someone wants to pick up the code and carry on with supporting GPXSonar he'll let them have it.

This makes me a sad puppy, although it also makes me seriously tempted to re-learn how to write this code so that I can support this thing and build it out more. I just loaded v1.5, and it's awesome. I love some of the new features. I'll look into the possibility. I believe that there are other people who might be interested in having this software maintained. That said, would anyone be interested in seeing this software maintained and upgraded over time? Or is everyone abandoning this software for Cachemate (or something else)?

Edited by MariettaGecko