Garmin Mapsource New Version?

Hi folks, i'm going to be interesting in getting a map program to expand the basemap in my 60csx and was wondering if anyone knows when Garmin will come out with version 8? Does anyone know if they will release this on the micro-sd cards or not? I'm just curious about that but also wanted to know where the best place to buy is (best=cheapest, heh heh).

thanks

I've heard May 31st is the release date. It may be a week or two after that when the stores start shipping them though.

I've always bought my MapSource products from Amazon.com because they were the cheapest at the various times when I purchased them. Lately other places have been cheaper though. Stay tuned to the forum as there will be much discussion on who's got the cheapest and who's got it in stock, etc. when it comes out. :ph34r:

Edited by Neo_Geo

Are you talking about City Navigator... or Mapsource? I'm just a little confuzzled. I've been anxiously awaiting a release date for version 8 of City Navigator...

you know, thats a great question, i don't know which to get. I would love to win the 100k/yr for life lottery so I could sell my house and cars, buy a motorhome and see the country for a few years but I'm not sure which to get.

Are you talking about City Navigator... or Mapsource? I'm just a little confuzzled. I've been anxiously awaiting a release date for version 8 of City Navigator...

you know, thats a great question, i don't know which to get. I would love to win the 100k/yr for life lottery so I could sell my house and cars, buy a motorhome and see the country for a few years but I'm not sure which to get.

yes, i meant i wasn't sure whether to get city navigator or the other one.

If you purchased a 60 CSX when this model came out with version 7 city nav do you get a free copy (update) of city Nav Version 8 ?????????

No, not unless you activated it after City Nav 8 was announced. You'll have to pay for an update, but not quite full price.