New Explorist Xl

I just purchased a new Magellan eXplorest XL GPS from the gpsstore.com with the ToPo 3D a 128mb SD card and a Cigarette Lighter Power Adapter for the total price of $447 with a $50 rebate form,... a good deal.......almost.

My gripe is,....the XL GPS did not have have a USB data cable that is listed by Magellan to be included in the box and the Cigarette Lighter Power Adapter that is listed by Magellan to work on the XL, part #730387 has no place for the power tip supplied to be plugged into the XL GPS ???

Are things getting so bad at Magellan that listed critical components are not being placed in the packaging and plug in power adapters are not designed to be compatible with the unit that they say will work???

I would think that after spending $400 + on an item, one should not have to spend an inordinate amount of time getting all the pieces to gather just so that it will work on the new item purchased .

I think that the XL is a wonderful GPS with a great BIG DETAILED Color screen that is easy for these old eyes to be able see and the 3D ToPo software met all of my expectations for detail. My wife and I ride ATVs in the desert and have use a Meri/Plat GPS for navigation previously and it was flawless, I hope that the XL works as well,....when I get all the stuff together.