Pc Cable Magellan 315

Hmm! that last reply was not exactly helpful.

If you cannot buy the correct cable for the 315 then the cable for the Magellan Meridian will suffice. The difference is that the 315 cable connector is curved to fit the shape of the back of your gps, the Meridian one is flat but it will still do the job.

If you are practical then you could make your own connector, I have used this site Magellan 315 Homemade Datacablefor my information. A simple task really and very little you can get wrong.

Use your 315, it will do what you want to geocache. I have both the Magellan Meridian and a Magellan 315 and I prefer the 315 for the final run in to the cache.

Note: If you do the upgrade and you think it has all gone wrong, i.e. You get a blank screen and or cannot get the unit to switch off after the upload take out the batteries for a few seconds and then restart. Then initialise the gps and take it outside for 20 to 30 minutes to allow it to build its almanac again. Having done all that then go find 'em!

Edited by adrianjohn

Hmm! that last reply was not exactly helpful.

Well, you are welcome to your opinion, but I still disagree.

He asked if he should find a cable for his 315 or look at something such as the eTrex instead. In my opinion, the 315 is not a good unit for a newbie geocacher. I think he'd be much, much better off learning with an eTrex.

And, don't get me wrong. I'm actually a Magellan fan. I used a 330 for a LONG time and finally just moved to a MeriPlat. So, I'm fairly Magellan biased myself. But, that being said, I still think that a newbie would be better off going with an eTrex as opposed to spending more money on a cable for the 315.

In any case, again, you are free to say what you want, of course, but I don't think you need to comment that my reply was not helpful. I feel that it was -- he can use it to make a better informed decision as he sees fit.

- John...

Will thx for all the help I did just go buy a new garmin etrex legdend and sold my magellan 315 to a friend. I have to say this etrex is way better than the 315 it got me a lot closer,but then again I am a newbe so what do I know.

Thanks Mike