Only A Few Days Left To Form Groups...

How long will current category owners have to get a group together?

They'll have until June 1st.

i have recently had contact with 2 categories that are 'owned' by only one person....

one has completed approval process, the other has not.

i know that it has a history of being slack, and therefore, it is no supprise it is about to 'be set on autoapprove (that is the correct consequence, correct?).

will the marks in the que be autoapproved, or will we need to 'resubmit' them?

i would think there is also some sort of notification that the change has been made.

i had someone submit a waymark with the SAME coords....

evidently they did not read the disclaimer page...saying there is(are) already marks within a mile of there....

for real, how close can two waymarks in the SAME CATEGORY be? i believe that historical markers would be the best group--they can be REAL close to each other. then there are benchmarks, which often have spatial factors.

so maybe there should be a superduper warning for marks that are within hundereds of feet......

anyone posting to the Recoverd Benchmarks also see the 'marks already there' pages in their submitions?--goodthing i was starting with the numbers? these lists can grow quite large.

I've found (of all things) a pair of Sphinxes that are about 200 feet from another pair of sphinxes. I submitted them once but they were rejected by the category owner as duplicates, even though they are not. I'm gonna try again...

It can happen. Photos should be able to sort things out.

I requested long ago that the nearness number convert from miles to feet when the coordinates are close. In the case of benchmarks, there can be a triangulation station disk, and 12 or 46 feet away, a reference mark disk. I haven't seen anyone submit these separately yet, but so far the rules don't preclude it. There are also many cases, especially on mountaintops where more than one agency has placed a benchmark in the same few sqare foot area. We've seen in another thread where some historical markers can be different, yet be close enough so that a handheld GPSr would show the same coordinates.

How long will current category owners have to get a group together?

They'll have until June 1st.

i have recently had contact with 2 categories that are 'owned' by only one person....

one has completed approval process, the other has not.

i know that it has a history of being slack, and therefore, it is no supprise it is about to 'be set on autoapprove (that is the correct consequence, correct?).

will the marks in the que be autoapproved, or will we need to 'resubmit' them?

i would think there is also some sort of notification that the change has been made.

We've decided to extend the deadline another 2 weeks. Check out my pinned post here.

Nate