Great Falls To Go Visit

Team Jac'd

You might want to check out "Waterfall Lover's guide to the Pacific North West". It lists and rates many of the falls around. I can send you a copy of a GPX file that has the WA waterfalls in it.

Edit to add: Finally found my copy: A Waterfall Lover's Guide to the Pacific Northwest by Gregory A. Plumb. Published by The Mountaineers. "Where to find more than 500 spectaculat waterfalls in WA, OR, & ID"

Edited by The Jester

In Eastern Washington we thought Palouse Falls (Page 55 in Delorme & GCPAFA is now nearby) was a great falls to see. It's only 185 feet high (compared to Snoqualmie at 268).

dude...you gotta visit my cache.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...e3-8ca5088992eb

absolutely beautiful spot.

but i also like comet and spray falls in mt. rainier national park, and Rainbow Falls in stehekin.

I'll add that to my list of Olympic caches I want to do. Thanks, I missed it somehow...

One of the most spectacular falls, and the one I take visiting cachers to see, is Bridal Veil Falls. It's a short hike. I think the cache there is currently down but there are two more nearby.

I was there last weekend, on my way down from Lake Serene. I didn't even know there was a cache near the falls! I found the other ones, near the lake and the one near the gold mine, though.

But I agree. Bridal Veil falls is probably the most spectacular fall I have seen so far in WA, especially since the trail brings you to a place where the water gushes right past you. It looks like this:

57f22224-0914-4454-a46e-a0a69d3d59d8.jpg

(Picture from Geo Ho's log)

Rocky Brook falls on the Olympic is also very nice. Added value is that almost nobody knows about it, although you can get there within 5 minutes from your car, on an even trail.

f30a0aee-e086-42e7-b3ac-885a66e41e85.jpg

(Picture from Lucy&Rickie's log)

Edited by shunra