Garmin 60c

I didnt' intend to crosspost but i posted the first in the wrong place and don't know how to move it to here....

Here's my post as it's more relevant to this section...

I had the 60c attached to the bike handlebar mount. The bike fell over and the force of the impact caused the round attachpoint to break off. Now it wasn't just the round attachpoint that broke on the unit. It was actually the grey plastic on the back of the GPSr.

I've emailed garmin, but no reply yet. What are the odds of them sending me replacement plastic? I know it won't be under warrenty and I dont' have the original reciept anyway. I just want to pay for the plastic and have them send it so I can swap the electronics to a new case.

Any chance of this happeneing? If not, how much do you suppose it'd cost for garmin to do it NOT under wareenty?

Chip

I would give them a call, a simular thing happened to me and they repaired it for nothing, a year later the buttons on the front were starting to wear and turn white, I called them to find out how much it would cost to have them replaced and they said they would cover it under warranty even though t was out of warranty by several months. They ended up not replacing the buttons but sending me a BRAND NEW 60CS instead.

So instead of going through the email thing I would give them a call, and from what I have heard it is easiest to get a hold of them first thing in the morning.

Add another satisfied customer singin the praises of Garmin tech support.

I called and told her I did NOT have the original reciept and what happened. She said that this time she'd set it up under warrenty. I have the address and RMA number and just need to get it packed up for shipping.

Thanks for all the replies/advice.

Chip

I didnt' intend to crosspost but i posted the first in the wrong place and don't know how to move it to here....

Here's my post as it's more relevant to this section...

I had the 60c attached to the bike handlebar mount. The bike fell over and the force of the impact caused the round attachpoint to break off. Now it wasn't just the round attachpoint that broke on the unit. It was actually the grey plastic on the back of the GPSr.

I've emailed garmin, but no reply yet. What are the odds of them sending me replacement plastic? I know it won't be under warrenty and I dont' have the original reciept anyway. I just want to pay for the plastic and have them send it so I can swap the electronics to a new case.

Any chance of this happeneing? If not, how much do you suppose it'd cost for garmin to do it NOT under wareenty?

Chip

Plastic? Plastic? Are you kidding? You'll have a replacement GPSr in your hands within a week. Plastic, Garmin don't ship no stinking plastic. :ph34r::huh::huh:

Edited by Team Cotati