Garmin Map60c

I had the 60c attached to the bike handlebar mount. The bike fell over and the force of the impact caused the round attachpoint to break off. Now it wasn't just the round attachpoint that broke on the unit. It was actually the grey plastic on the back of the GPSr.

I've emailed garmin, but no reply yet. What are the odds of them sending me replacement plastic? I know it won't be under warrenty and I dont' have the original reciept anyway. I just want to pay for the plastic and have them send it so I can swap the electronics to a new case.

Any chance of this happeneing? If not, how much do you suppose it'd cost for garmin to do it NOT under wareenty?

Chip

I had the 60c attached to the bike handlebar mount. The bike fell over and the force of the impact caused the round attachpoint to break off. Now it wasn't just the round attachpoint that broke on the unit. It was actually the grey plastic on the back of the GPSr.

I've emailed garmin, but no reply yet. What are the odds of them sending me replacement plastic? I know it won't be under warrenty and I dont' have the original reciept anyway. I just want to pay for the plastic and have them send it so I can swap the electronics to a new case.

Any chance of this happeneing? If not, how much do you suppose it'd cost for garmin to do it NOT under wareenty?

Chip

I recently got a new 60CSX, and wanted to send in my VistaC for repair. The glue on the rubber edging had completely broken down, and it was difficult to keep the buttons lined up and working. I sent Garmin an email asking how to send my unit in for repair. Within a day, they had replied, and immediately sent me the replacement parts to fix my problem.

No charge, and I was out of warranty. Keep at it.

Also, you might want to take this to the gps thread. There may be other info there.

Cheers

The bike fell over and the force of the impact caused the round attachpoint to break off. Now it wasn't just the round attachpoint that broke on the unit. It was actually the grey plastic on the back of the GPSr.

The exact same thing happened with my 60CS and Garmin took care of the problem with great customer service. They even sent me a new handlebar mount.

I just want to pay for the plastic and have them send it so I can swap the electronics to a new case.

I asked them the same question, and they told me it would have to be sent in as a warranty repair to ensure a waterproof seal. My unit was back in my hands within a week.

Add another satisfied customer singin the praises of Garmin tech support.

I called and told her I did NOT have the original reciept and what happened. She said that this time she'd set it up under warrenty. I have the address and RMA number and just need to get it packed up for shipping.

Thanks for all the replies/advice.

Chip

Thanks for the replies here guys, it makes me feel much better.

I reposted this thread in the "GPS and Software" area. It's more appropriate for this question..

To go to the repost click the link:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=133668

Closing duplicate thread.

To reduce forum entropy, if you find that you've posted to the wrong forum, it is cool to use the "report this post" button to report your own thread. A moderator will be happy to move it for you. :laughing: