Where Do You Buy?

Bible reader

I am looking into buying my first gps. (As you can tell from my last topic) I have found several different sites that seem to have good deals. I am sure I am not the only one in the getting started section that is going to buy a gps soon. I have found that Gps on sale has a good price on the legend cx but haven't looked at shipping yet. We all (at least me) wan't to hear about your experiance and your ratings of a site, it doesn't matter what brand you bought, Just rate the site's (or store's) prices and service. Thankyou!

P.S. I don't mean to be spamming, :ph34r: but it was in a thread about cheap gpsrs that I last posted this question, I thought more people would benefit from it here.

I bought my GPS at LLBean.com. Price was ~cheapest on the web I could find on that day/week.

I was able to get a replacement unit OVERNIGHT, no questions asked, when the unit failed during cold-weather use. The excellent exchange policy was my motivator, more than price.

I just ordered mine the other day. I went to pricegrabber.com, typed in the unit danme and it came up with several places to buy, all which were mentioned above. The cheapes place for mine was from a company called ecost. They sounded pretty reputable from their reviews so I bought it. I purchaed a Magellan 400 series. Good luck. I'm still trying to find my first cache (when I get time).

Jeff

I didn't know any better when I bought my first GPS and bought it locally at full retail. Excellent GPS but a little more than I needed to pay. My second GPS, a 60CS, I bought on Ebay. Made sure that I checked the ratings and that the seller was an authorized dealer before I placed my bid, and I still saved $100 over buying it locally.

I bought my 60cs at Amazon. I must say i have had great luck with Amazon. I usually order from Amazon at least once or twice a month for books, i am a avid reader, and not once have they screwed up my order. Better yet is the no sales tax and free shipping with orders over 25 dollars. Please amazon don't screw up my order now!! :lol:

I bet that I've bougt a dozen GPSs on ebay. Check the seller's ratings and remember to factor in shipping.

I too bought my Etrex Legend off of Ebay. You have to check out the seller though. Someone who has no negative feedback our has sold thousands of items with minimal negative feedback is the way to go. I also trust Amazon. Good luck! :lol:

Well i'm new to all this (done lots of walking though) ....so for a starter GPS i've just ordered one of these

010-00190-00.jpg

From here.......My Webpage

Its the cheepest place i can find.........and they say that they will beat any proven price from anywhere else.

Not bad Eh!........................................

Sounds like a good site. I'm in the U.S. though. How do you convert Lbs.(I can't find the key, I don't think my keyboard even has it lol :laughing:) to U.S. dollars? Is trancontinental shipping an ordeal? Thankyou!

I am looking into buying my first gps. (As you can tell from my last topic) I have found several different sites that seem to have good deals. I am sure I am not the only one in the getting started section that is going to buy a gps soon. I have found that Gps on sale has a good price on the legend cx but haven't looked at shipping yet. We all (at least me) wan't to hear about your experiance and your ratings of a site, it doesn't matter what brand you bought, Just rate the site's (or store's) prices and service. Thankyou!

P.S. I don't mean to be spamming, :laughing: but it was in a thread about cheap gpsrs that I last posted this question, I thought more people would benefit from it here.

I bought my first, a Garming GPSMAP 60Cx from GPSExplorer.com. It arrived when promised, in good working condition. I haven't had any other experience yet.

I bought my first, a Garming GPSMAP 60Cx from GPSExplorer.com. It arrived when promised, in good working condition. I haven't had any other experience yet.

I bought six (3 sport trac map's, 2 60cs, and 1 gps18 usb) from GPS Explorer and have had great service every time, the price is usually as good or better than most, and the shipping is always free.

Someone should put together a list of all the GPS retailers out there, with links. Not necessarily recommending it be done in the forums, but maybe someone could put it on their personal webpage. I'm pricing out a new receiver right now, and I'm having a hard time trying to remember all the different online retailers.

Someone should put together a list of all the GPS retailers out there, with links. Not necessarily recommending it be done in the forums, but maybe someone could put it on their personal webpage. I'm pricing out a new receiver right now, and I'm having a hard time trying to remember all the different online retailers.

I AGREE! Tell me where it is when you make it or find it! There is an absolute deluge of sites selling these cool little gadgets. I am trying to make a list for personal use, but it is hard. Whoever makes such a site should also ad ratings from people who have bought there. Good Idea!

Thankyou all for your feedback!

P.S. I don't mean to be spamming, :laughing: but it was in a thread about cheap gpsrs that I last posted this question, I thought more people would benefit from it here.

Got my first GPS delivered last week - an eTrex Vista CX, from GPSonsale.com. At the time of purchase, they were the least expensive; after figuring in shipping charges from a few of the other places that seemed a few dollars lower, theirs turned out to be the best price. It arrived exactly on time and packed very securely.

Good luck :laughing:

I got mine at Buydig.com which turned out to be the cheapest. They shipped fast and everything was in good order. You can always do a broad search on something like Shopzilla or pricegrabber and have a good price comparison chart to look at. Be sure to look at retailer ratings and buyer feedback--the cheapest price isn't always the best deal.

I bought a 60cx from GPS Discount last week and as we speak it is still stuck at Fedex in Oklahoma. Apparently as my mailing address was a Po Box Fedex couldn't ship it, which is fine as I have a residential address as well but no one bothered to contact me to tell me there was a problem with the shipment and no one responded to the first email I sent to GPS Discount so I had to send another 3 days later. Anyway, hopefully it will get sorted soon and will be on it's way.

I just ran a Yahoo Search on the GPSmap 76CSx and contacted the cheapest price that the search engine came up with. It was at GPSexplorer.com. They were friendly, informative, helpful, and the device got to my hands very, very quickly. I ordered it on Friday, and had it in my hands by the end of Tuesday. Not bad at all, considering that it was over Memorial Day weekend. :)