Why No One Visits The Forums

No wonder why newbie cachers come to the forums read and never return. I post a nice congrats topic only to have the first 10 posters to use it as a way of bashing another person.

Have a little respect for others...

I saw how you locked it.

For the record, then:

Stats and how they are accumulated is a touchy subject in this community, and like it or not, and whether or not it's a competition or just a matter of ethics as to how those stats where accumulated, CCCA, as the number 1 stat accumulator, is the poster child for the subject.

There are some who have questioned the legitimacy of how she accumulated some/many of those stats, and there are others (such as myself) who believe that stats in general have become de-valued in our game due to the Micro Spew issue.

In either case, when you posted that thread you opened that door. Now you know.

(Edit: sp.)

Edited by drat19

Don't let them get you down nikie...... what most people have to remember is that geocaching is a game/sport/hobby ... whatever you want to call it , and MOST people RESPECT each other .

These forums as in life there is always someone trying to bring someone down because they don't wanna play the way "they" want to play. Its just sad when you see moderators get in on the bashing, or even start it .

RESPECT is what most of us try to practice .

Star

I think it's known as "the internet"

Take a look at IMDB forums, or even better yet, go to any news story in Yahoo and click on "Discuss" at the bottom if you want to see how really awful people can be to each other when they don't have to worry about getting smacked across the room by the person they're insulting.

Regardless, posting anything about stats and CCCA just opens up a can of worms.

And now you know....

Knowing is half the battle....

Knowledge is power...

First comes de knowledge, den comes de power...den comes de women.

Edited by ThePropers

No wonder why newbie cachers come to the forums read and never return. I post a nice congrats topic only to have the first 10 posters to use it as a way of bashing another person.

Have a little respect for others...

I saw how you locked it.

For the record, then:

Stats and how they are accumulated is a touchy subject in this community, and like it or not, and whether or not it's a competition or just a matter of ethics as to how those stats where accumulated, CCCA, as the number 1 stat accumulator, is the poster child for the subject.

There are some who have questioned the legitimacy of how she accumulated some/many of those stats, and there are others (such as myself) who believe that stats in general have become de-valued in our game due to the Micro Spew issue.

In either case, when you posted that thread you opened that door. Now you know.

(Edit: sp.)

As you can see I have been a member for quite a few years and so I know what could possible happen to any topic that is posted on here...but the lack of respect is what gets me and then the people who just jump on the bashing train astounds me. It shows a total lack of respect and I locked the thread because I want no part of that. I now know to share my congrats via a personal email, which I have done.

Don't let them get you down nikie...... what most people have to remember is that geocaching is a game/sport/hobby ... whatever you want to call it , and MOST people RESPECT each other .

These forums as in life there is always someone trying to bring someone down because they don't wanna play the way "they" want to play. Its just sad when you see moderators get in on the bashing, or even start it .

RESPECT is what most of us try to practice .

Star

Thank you for pointing that out......

As you can see I have been a member for quite a few years and so I know what could possible happen to any topic that is posted on here...but the lack of respect is what gets me and then the people who just jump on the bashing train astounds me. It shows a total lack of respect and I locked the thread because I want no part of that. I now know to share my congrats via a personal email, which I have done.

I respect you, but I also think you're fighting an uphill battle. Some people will respect others, some won't. Some generally do, but get really wrapped up in certain topics. Being angry/disappointed about how things are will likely just depress you and make you dislike the forum. Give up on respect and move to another topic :ph34r:.

If you think that's "bashing" then you haven't seen bashing.

This is true. While I agree that some people hijacked the thread in question and used it to bash CCCA, I must agree that any bashing which I occasionally see on this GC forum is incredibly mild compared to what I see on some other forums and list groups (about topics other than geocaching. . .)

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

Although I didn't post in the controversial thread, I'll share some thoughts on the issue:

As a newbie, I enjoyed seeing Geocaching achievements. Over time, I learned how some of them were achieved and felt betrayed, much like many of the Major League Baseball fans.

You did the right thing by locking the thread and e-mailing, keeping it more personal. :ph34r:

It's not easy to hold back angst over an unresolved issue especially when it's in public view.

Sorry you felt it necessary to close that first thread, as I do not like "bashing" any more than you do. I suspect that I may have slightly thicker skin than you, and I also would like to offer my congrats on CCC's accomplishment from my own unique perspective as perhaps the least-numbers-obsessed geocacher in the world, and so, I may start a similar thread (offering her congratulations) a bit later today, as time permits, and we can see how it goes from there!

You shouldn't have locked that thread.

My post was intended as a light-hearted poke at drat19, not a bash on Lynn or her numbers.

And in turn, my posts pointed out that there are some who question the legitimacy of some/many of her stats, but as everyone around here recently knows, I'm on my own crusade about the legitimacy/value of ALL stats since the advent of Micro Spew . In that regard, it was a different topic from the original congrats to Lynn topic, but since she's the "poster child for stats" in our game, well, it was related.

If this means a thread hijacking took place, well, you might very well be right about that.

(edit: content)

Edited by drat19

...since the advent of Micro Spew ....

If I keep seeing this splashed about I'm going to have to make a series of micros caches called drat1 -19 in your honor. That will only leave me another 200 film canisters to get rid of when it'd done.

You just need a small airplane. :ph34r:

If I keep seeing this splashed about I'm going to have to make a series of micros caches called drat1 -19 in your honor. That will only leave me another 200 film canisters to get rid of when it'd done.

You just need a small airplane. :ph34r:

Need a Pilot? :ph34r:

:ph34r: Hey Nicki, thanks for bringing up Lynns 15,000. The only time I saw her caching she was getting her stats the same way as everyone else, going out and finding everything in the area. CONGRATS to CCCOOPER Agency on 15,000 finds!

You may rest assured that the Numbers Ho's in your area will be sure to run them all down, also in my honor. :ph34r:

Oh, and by the way, it's already been done: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...&log=y&decrypt=

Edited by drat19

You may rest assured that the Numbers Ho's in your area will be sure to run them all down, also in my honor. :ph34r:

Do you have a more explicit definition of the "advent of Micro Spew" ?? Since you invented the term, you are welcome to set the official date and/or waypoint ID when this started. It might be a fun exercise to filter out caches using GSAK and PQs to see how many finds people REALLY have.

I started caching in the Micro Spew era, so depending on how it's defined, I could have 0 finds or a few more, if you include caches Placed before the Micro Spew era. I may have some asterisks, too, since I started caching in March of 2004, but did not sign up until July and have a few unlogged caches between that time. :ph34r:

Hey it's not always about the cache size or numbers it's the Hunt & seeing new places not everyone takes an item from an ammo can. Some micro's can be fun there is always the option to ignore if you don't like them. :ph34r:

treasurechest.jpg

treasure.jpg

This isn't a microcache bashing thread, it's a cheater bashing thread.

:ph34r: Hey Nicki, thanks for bringing up Lynns 15,000. The only time I saw her caching she was getting her stats the same way as everyone else, going out and finding everything in the area. CONGRATS to CCCOOPER Agency on 15,000 finds!

Yes, and I have also seen her tackle plenty of tough caches with a Terrain 5 rating, and seen her crawl in storm drains, wade through polluted water, and crawl into briar patches. While it may be true that she -- like many other geocachers, including my dear wife Sue -- does log MicroSpew caches, she NEVER shies away from tough caches, and in fact, she goes to great lengths to seek them out! In fact, she told me yesterday that she will be going after our two recently-listed river island Psycho caches --- accessible only via kayak and a lopng portage -- once she returns from GW4. There are even fotos on the cache listing page for our [*]Psycho Urban Cache #9 - Hot Glowing Tribulations cache of Lynn suited up in a Tyvek protective bunny suit, and holding a borrowed portable radiation monitor, prior to tackling stage three of that cache! And, one thing that has impressed me is that her online find log entries are never quick "rubber stamp" boilerplate "found it, TNLNSL" logs, but rather very personalized tales of her search and her impression of the hide and the site. So, from me as well, a hearty congratulations to CCCooperAgency on reaching 15,000 finds!

Do you have a more explicit definition of the "advent of Micro Spew" ?? Since you invented the term, you are welcome to set the official date and/or waypoint ID when this started. It might be a fun exercise to filter out caches using GSAK and PQs to see how many finds people REALLY have.

I started caching in the Micro Spew era, so depending on how it's defined, I could have 0 finds or a few more, if you include caches Placed before the Micro Spew era. I may have some asterisks, too, since I started caching in March of 2004, but did not sign up until July and have a few unlogged caches between that time. :ph34r:

Actually, I didn't invent the term. I picked it up somewhere on these forums a while back...although I did add the sarcastic Trademark to it. ;)

FOR ME (your mileage may vary), it become "official" on 6/19/04, during a day-long caching run to the former New Orleans ("former" because it's certainly not the same town now!). At one point during the run I'd say I did 10 tree-hollow-on-the-side-of-the-road micros in the City Park area (which has been pointed out in another thread were placed for that express purpose), and at this cache I ran into my geopal AlexM (and his wife) who was also out on a day-long caching run, where during our chat we both lamented what had become of our game.

As a multi-state, multi-metro-area caching visitor, that's when it became clear to me that it wasn't just New Orleans, it wasn't just Nashville, it wasn't just SoCal, it wasn't just Mobile, AL, it wasn't just Orlando, it wasn't just....well, you get the idea.

As for your finds since then, oh, I'm sure they're real and they're legit, and I'm sure you had fun accumulating them. I just consider them to be accumulated during a different era of our game, much as baseball stats accumulated during the Steroid Era. To me, this means IF STATS MATTER TO YOU (because if they don't, this is a moot discussion), your stats accumulated since mid-'04 do not hold the same "value" as those accumulated prior to that time. IN MY OPINION.

I know the counterpoint to the above: What's the real "value" of a Geocaching stat? Of course the answer is "whatever you feel it's worth to you"...the amount of fun you had, the friends you made, etc. But make no mistake, in our subculture, to a lot of people, the stats, and how they were accumulated, DO MATTER. Think about any Event you've attended - how many times do people compare their Found It stats and/or their Icon Stats (another disturbing development that has occurred recently). And even if high-number cachers in attendance DON'T mention it at first, invariably someone asks or it otherwise comes up in the group discussion. Invariably. And, think about discussions that go on on these forums when someone complains about a reviewer or some other "obvious" aspect of our game that wasn't so obvious to the person who posted. What's the first thing that happens? Someone clicks their profile link, checks the stats, and says, "You've only found 15 caches and hidden 2...why not post again when you've found or hidden a few more, hmmm?"

And if stats don't matter, why do we make such a big deal about CCCA's 15K? Hmmmm?

Look, I don't take myself too seriously (witness this thread and the photo taken just last evening of me flipping off the camera during an ironic roadside micro hunt with my geobuddies in Minneapolis), but I DO take this change in our game since '04 seriously...both in terms of the decline of overall cache quality, and yes, the decline of the perceived value of stats. That's how I play, your mileage may vary.

This isn't a microcache bashing thread, it's a cheater bashing thread.

You know I get the meaning and humor of your quote above, Crim, but actually, it's both. It's about *how* and *when* CCCA ran up those stats about which she is being congratulated...which includes some questionable claims of "Found It" as well as having run up a good portion of those stats during the Micro Spew era. I would also point out that the last post I made on the now-locked thread was an acknowledgement that she did, indeed, run up a great many of her stats pre-Micro Spew , which to me lends them cred from a "when" standpoint, if not a "how" standpoint.

Since we can't talk about born-again, right-to-life, pro-gun, tranvestites who like Mitsuko and will accept food from a pig, bashing CCCA for finding (or logging) 15000 caches was the only thing left :ph34r:

Yeah, and look what happened when THAT was posted! :ph34r:

Since we can't talk about born-again, right-to-life, pro-gun, tranvestites who like Mitsuko and will accept food from a pig, bashing CCCA for finding (or logging) 15000 caches was the only thing left :ph34r:

Actually, we CAN and DO talk about such things as poly-religious, polytheistic, ex-Mormon-turned-Hindu gun-toting gay survivalist transvestites (TV), including Leprechaun's marriage to the famed TV Mitsuko, but you must go to the Off-Topic forum now to find the thread! :ph34r:

Drat19, thank you very much for your light-hearted post with lots of substance. Some may regret this being buried off topic, but maybe that'll keep out the riff raff and keep this thread civil. :ph34r:

June 19, 2004 sounds like a great date to me, especially since it doesn't conflict with major holidays or other important Geocaching dates. :ph34r: I'll second your declaration for that date as the Official Micro Spew Day.

I subscribe to the motorsport art of "cheating" where if you are going to do it, do it with smarts and go all the way. Get a slap on the wrist, then get a pat on the back, too. (Examples: competitors have cooled gasoline with dry ice to fit more in a gas tank, used ground effects to add "invisible grip" to the tires, added hidden expanding bags inside a race car to increase fuel capacity for endurance races, and used an illegal "traction control device" only for 5 seconds at the start to decide the rest of the race.)

No one visits the forums, because they're too crowded. :ph34r:

(With appologies to Yogi Berra)

If you think the responses you got on the other thread were "bashing", then I strongly suggest you stick to the "Fluffy Bunny Warm 'N' Snuggly Kumbyah Forum". I've been on forums and BBSs since the 1970s, and that doesn't even rate a blip on the bash-meter.

People ought to just play the game. Just curious, does anyone here who is such a micro hater cache with a disabled person? Do you realize they have difficulty getting out and trekking into densly wooded areas with no trails? Some of the drive-ups or easier to get to micros may be more convenient for them. Because they are handicapped or physically challenged, they should not geocache??, says who? I am not a huge micro fan, I prefer a good ol' ammo box with goodies in it, but we have other people out there who are also doing this that by limits of their physical abilities play differently. So what? If you don't like micros, don't go get them, just don't fault the people who do. Regarding the title of this post, some of the people here need to learn to look at things from a different perspective some times rather than be just be stuck in their own mindset. The "tallywackers" who insist on counting everyone elses numbers, maybe need to consider there are other people out there maybe without the same physical abilities, skill level, etc... and lighten up a bit.

Now on topic, this forum is a bit harsh on new people or people with new ideas or new ways to play the game. I listen to what people say and have changed my attitude based on some discussions here. It is nice when people can keep it positive and not attack anyone personally for their views.

Edited by lonesumdove

snip~The "tallywackers" ~snip

This is a family forum...can you use that word here?

:ph34r:

Since he's talking about counting, we'll go with this definition.

Tallywhacker:

A stick used to count bunches of bananas as they were loaded on banana boats. The workers were paid by the bunch.

Come Mr. Talley Man and Tally Me Banana.

People ought to just play the game. Just curious, does anyone here who is such a micro hater cache with a disabled person? Do you realize they have difficulty getting out and trekking into densly wooded areas with no trails? Some of the drive-ups or easier to get to micros may be more convenient for them. Because they are handicapped or physically challenged, they should not geocache??, says who? I am not a huge micro fan, I prefer a good ol' ammo box with goodies in it, but we have other people out there who are also doing this that by limits of their physical abilities play differently. So what? If you don't like micros, don't go get them, just don't fault the people who do. Regarding the title of this post, some of the people here need to learn to look at things from a different perspective some times rather than be just be stuck in their own mindset. The "tallywackers" who insist on counting everyone elses numbers, maybe need to consider there are other people out there maybe without the same physical abilities, skill level, etc... and lighten up a bit.

Now on topic, this forum is a bit harsh on new people or people with new ideas or new ways to play the game. I listen to what people say and have changed my attitude based on some discussions here. It is nice when people can keep it positive and not attack anyone.

This point has been made on countless other Micro Spew threads, and I'll make it again here: No one in the Anti Micro Spew camp has EVER, EVER said that our mobility-impaired cachers should be excluded from our activity. At the risk of speaking out of turn on behalf of others, what we've said is: Why should the mobility-impaired be relegated to Wal-Mart parking lots, meaningless roadside guard rails and random green spots, and other typically-Spew-Targeted locations, when caches, micro sized or otherwise, and JUST AS ACCESSIBLE (if maybe not as MANY), could be placed in MORE WORTHWHILE locations, and placed to take people to these locations of quality and not just to allow for more stats to be accumulated, if only hiders would take a little more time and effort in selecting those locations?

Sigh... :ph34r:

Tallywhacker:

A stick used to count bunches of bananas as they were loaded on banana boats. The workers were paid by the bunch.

Daylight come and me wan-go home.

Tallywhacker:

Daylight come and me wan-go home.

Pertinent to the above quote (and absolutely nothing else on this thread! :ph34r: ). Dialogue from the principal's office ("tallywhacker") scene in Porky's, 1982: (I've edited out the potentially-offending words, but I suspect I might still get moderated on this one...but it's too funny not to post if you're in my age group (early 40's)): ;):lol::lol:

Balbricker: Now, Mr. Carter. I know this is completely unorthodox. But I think this is the only way to find that boy. Now that p**** had a mole on it - I'd recognize that p**** anywhere. In spite of the juvenile snickers of some, this is a serious matter. That seducer and despoiler must be stopped; he's extremely dangerous. And, Mr. Carter, I'm certain that everyone in this room knows who that is. He's a contemptible little pervert who...

Mr. Carter: Miss Balbricker!

Balbricker: Well, I'm sorry, but I've got him now, and I'm not going to let him slip through my fingers again. Now, all I'm asking is that you give me five boys for a few minutes. The coaches can be present - Tommy Turner and any four boys you see fit to choose and we... and we... can put a stop to this menace. And it is a menace.

[pause]

Balbricker: Well, what are you gonna do about it?

Mr. Carter: Five young boys in the nude, a police line-up so that you can identify his tallywhacker. Please, please can we call it a "tallywhacker"? P**** is so ppp... p**** is so personal.

Balbricker: We can put hoods over their heads to avoid embarrassment. Now listen: we have got to do it, as distasteful as it is. I know it's him. That

[pause]

Balbricker: tallywhacker had a mole on it. And that mole is the key to it.

Mr. Carter: Miss Balbricker, do you realize the difficulty of your request? Now, I would be very happy to, uh, to apprehend the young man myself. But can you imagine what the board of education would say if you were granted a line-up in order to examine their private pa... their private parts for an incriminating mole?

Balbricker: But Mr. Carter.

Coach Brakett: Mr. Carter, I think I have a way out of this. We, uh, call the police, and we have 'em send over one of their sketch artists. And Miss Balbricker can give a description. We can put up "Wanted" posters all over school..."Have you seen this pr***? Report immediately to Beulah Balbricker. Do not attempt to apprehend this pr***, as it is armed and dangerous. It was last seen hanging out in the girls' locker room at Angel Beach High School."

Totally off-topic, but classic! :o;);)

Edited by drat19

you know I continually hear about the member bashing here, let me say this forum's members are tame compared to some message boards out there. Don't believe me? Just do a search for a video game board and start a PS2 vs GameCube vs Xbox thread

THEN!!!.... you'll see some REAL bashing going back and forth!

Sorry I missed the original post while I was at work. I'd offer Lynn my congrats as well, except for 2 reasons, neither of which has anything to do with questionable logs.

I: I know she doesn't bother with the forums. (Too busy out finding caches to sit here and talk about the proper way to find a cache)

2: I know she is not a numbers 'ho and cares very little what her find count says.

I've spend some time caching with that woman, and I challenge anyone else here to keep up the pace she does. For every one cache someone thinks is is questionable, there are the 300 more that she found while while caching all weekend, day and night, only taking a few quick naps at cache parking coords. I've known her to wake up hours before dawn, drive hundreds of miles to the first cache of the day, then cache until 10-11pm. I've seen her cache routes planned out in advance turn by turn, minute by minute, just like the groups that go for the record runs, only she caches like that almost every day, not once a year.

I don't care WHAT your find count is, if you can keep up that pace, day after day, year after year, you deserve some respect and congratulations.

Edited by Mopar

2: I know she is not a numbers 'ho and cares very little what her find count says.

I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO BE WRONG ABOUT THIS (seriously/honestly), but: I find that hard to believe. I get the fact that she does caches of all diff and terr ratings, not just 1/1's, but if she really didn't care about her find count she would skip the Spewed Micros and concentrate on the caches in more meaningful locations (micro or otherwise). There is NO WAY that she, or anyone, could maintain that kind of pace for 5+ years and not get bored or frustrated with the craptacular quality of a majority of micro hides if there were not at least some numbers motivation. I WOULD NOT / DO NOT hold that against her...I just say, admit it for what it is. Similarly, I find it hard to believe that she didn't get re-motivated when #2 started to creep up in her rear-view stats mirror not too long ago.

I've spend some time caching with that woman, and I challenge anyone else here to keep up the pace she does.

No question! (again, seriously/honestly) I can't imagine keeping up that pace day after day, month after month. It takes a special kind of OCD to be able to do that (and I mean that in the most complimentary way possible, being a bit of an OCD'er myself! :( ). In fact, I think it's safe to say that many of us who play this game truly envy the fact that she has the time and financial means to be able to cache full-time, all the time. I wish I had the OPTION to be able to do that, even if I couldn't possibly keep up the pace.

...with that woman...

Why is it when I saw that phrase in your post, I thought of Bill Clinton? <_<:lol:

Sorry I missed the original post while I was at work. I'd offer Lynn my congrats as well, except for 2 reasons, neither of which has anything to do with questionable logs.

I: I know she doesn't bother with the forums. (Too busy out finding caches to sit here and talk about the proper way to find a cache)

I've spend some time caching with that woman, and I challenge anyone else here to keep up the pace she does. For every one cache someone thinks is is questionable, there are the 300 more that she found while while caching all weekend, day and night, only taking a few quick naps at cache parking coords. I've known her to wake up hours before dawn, drive hundreds of miles to the first cache of the day, then cache until 10-11pm. I've seen her cache routes planned out in advance turn by turn, minute by minute, just like the groups that go for the record runs, only she caches like that almost every day, not once a year.

I don't care WHAT your find count is, if you can keep up that pace, day after day, year after year, you deserve some respect and congratulations.

Entirely true. I have seen the same from my perspective! I have also seen -- and heard tales of -- her run caching trip companions into the ground with her boundless energy and total lack of need for food and sleep. Amazing woman! Again, my congratulations!

Entirely true. I have seen the same from my perspective! I have also seen -- and heard tales of -- her run caching trip companions into the ground with her boundless energy and total lack of need for food and sleep. Amazing woman! Again, my congratulations!

As one person I was chatting with put it.. "By the time I got my GPS and Geobag out, she was at the cache, signed the log, and back in the car".

<_< Drat! Thank you for the reflection back on some great old movies! Weren't those the classics! :lol: Banana tallies? LMAO! What was the topic again? oh yea... BE NICE TO THE NEWBIES. This is a place to come and learn about geocaching and I have learned some great stuff and reevaluated the way I cache.

Fully agree with your sentiments that they should be placed in quality locations. Unfortunately, that is difficult at best. We just got a beautiful new hiking trail throughout two communities, an old railway. Perfect for someone in a wheelchair or with walking problems, but... still gotta bushwack. Can't put it right on the trail. From this standpoint, I think micros service somewhat of a purpose - even though I am growing tired of them and I only have less than 250 finds.

Edited by lonesumdove
Fully agree with your sentiments that they should be placed in quality locations. Unfortunately, that is difficult at best.

No, it's not...IF! folks are willing to hide FEWER caches in the interest of keeping the quality of hides/locations high. Micro Spew is the result of too many people focused solely on numbers (whether of finds, or of hides and the ego grat of getting all those "Found it" Emails...whoopity doo) leaving the house one morning with 30 micros and the mindset of "I'm gonna place these all, somehwere, by God!", instead of "I'm going to find some worthwhile locations for these caches", no matter how many or few I place today.

I am surprised at the number of folks that think just because another forum is much nastier than this one then it is OK to be cruel and rude here, even mildly. There is no logic in that line of thinking.

As for the CCCA I have not met her....but if she has signed her name to 15000 logs (or met the cache requirements if there was no log to sign) than that is amazing! WTG to her!

I never cached in the so called days before Micro Spew but I think micros are good and necessary to the game. I hunt them and I like them, if you don't that is ok, but don't take them away from me and others who like them because YOU think they are wrong.

I never cached in the so called days before Micro Spew but I think micros are good and necessary to the game. I hunt them and I like them, if you don't that is ok, but don't take them away from me and others who like them because YOU think they are wrong.

MY OPINION (your mileage may vary, respectful disagreement welcomed): Micros in well-chosen locations and/or creatively hidden are indeed good and necessary to the game. Spewed Micros , placed in thoughtless and uninspired locations for the sole purpose of providing finder and hider stats and Emails and the ego grat thereof, are NOT.

MY OPINION. Apparently shared by others around here, and also not shared by still others.

Nobody's "taking them away from you", as the cache placement guidelines and reviewer approval process, sadly, allow for them. I'm just stating strongly and repeatedly my opinion as to why I think hiders should stop perpetuating them. I'm allowed to state that opinion. If you feel that this OPINION is tantamount to someone "taking them away from you", then you don't understand the concept of a respectful disagreement of opinion.

As for the CCCA I have not met her....but if she has signed her name to 15000 logs (or met the cache requirements if there was no log to sign) than that is amazing! WTG to her!

That is the issue. Most of us can respect the fury with which she caches, but have a hard time seeing beyond her very laissez-faire definition of 'found'. Merely believing that you would have found it (if it weren’t missing or moved) does not equal actually finding a cache.

Where does one draw the line? If you pull into the parking lot of the park but never get out, knowing that if the cache was there, you’d have found it, is that ‘found’? What if by reading the cache description at home one is sure they could locate it since they are familiar with the area?

Found means found. It doesn’t mean tried, almost found, or anything else.