Magellan Web Site Makeover

Not the biggest news around, but for those interested in such things, I see that the Magellan web site was asking for web site user feedback a while ago for a reason. I haven't poked around in it too much, but I do find it more pleasing to the eye. The old site did make it hard to find stuff sometimes; at first glance this looks like an improvement.

They really messed up on the display resolutions at this link right here.

That is a product comparison of all the eXplorist units, and they still got the XL's resolution wrong, and now they got the resolution wrong for the 500 and 600 GPS units now.

Crazy stuff, with a lack of attention to detail, like I wonder who is in charge of the website?

The engineers or some other person that does not know about GPS units.

They really messed up on the display resolutions at this link right here.

That is a product comparison of all the eXplorist units, and they still got the XL's resolution wrong, and now they got the resolution wrong for the 500 and 600 GPS units now.

Crazy stuff, with a lack of attention to detail, like I wonder who is in charge of the website?

The engineers or some other person that does not know about GPS units.

The same guy who handles "customer service"!

New look but same old information. Still don't show which versions of the software they are offering, is it Directroute 2 or 3 (looks like 2 from the road geometry errors on the preview map I know are in 2).

Looks good though and hope that means a re-work of how the company approaches all of it customer service and products is in the works.

Magellan's biggest problem is not the web site but getting the technology and licensing right.

JDandDD