What Would You Like To See On A Coin (take 2)

gridlox

Jeeze!! The tension is so thick around here lately you can cut it with a "spork". :sad:

Time for some levity!!

Got a idea you'd like to see on a coin, throw it out for everyone to hear (or see).

Serious or crazy or funny... let's hear(see) it.

To start, here's an idea I got while sitting in traffic this evening.

The car in front of us had a decal that was a "Smilie Face Shooting A Bird" with an extended middle finger and thumb.

They had placed it sideways in the corner of the window.

Since I've always got caching on the brain, the finger and thumb on the sideways decal reminded me of the sign that Jeremy uses in his avatar! :)

Presenting J-SMILIE

J-Smilie.jpg

:o:o:D

D-man :D

Ok well a friend of mine who posts here occassionally and collects coins and I were driving through his town one day. We saw some old car tires on the roadside. Got to laughing about hiding a cache in one of them - then decided we could produce a whole series of communicable disease coins... you know Bird Flu, Ebola, Mad Cow, HIV, Hep B.... have some ill appearing face on one side and the other would be what that particular disease looks like under a microscope.

ok, well I thought it was funny.

Time for some levity!!

Got a idea you'd like to see on a coin, throw it out for everyone to hear (or see).

Serious or crazy or funny... let's hear(see) it.

Ok.... here's a crazy idea: a coin shaped like a cell phone... for those folks who like to phone a friend for a hint :laughing: .

Or how about a coin called 'Fair Trade' with images for Trade up, Trade Across or Don't Trade. That's probably already been done, since it's caching related :laughing: . If not... we're on it!

;)

How about a Grumpy Gus Geocoin? It could feature and engraveable area where some people could have their names placed...

I picture it for those who constantly post negativity on here and/or cache pages...

Or Forum Stalker Geocoin - for those who go to every coin idea and offer their opinion whether good or bad...

Edited by The Blind Acorn

I'd like to see a coin shaped like a tire with a crushed GPSr sticking out from under it and on the reverse the saying: "Got Dashmount?"

Ok, I'll take taht one step further.... GPS w/ shattered screen "Got Bike Mount"... (I killed a Magellan this way... it's ok b/c I ended up with the Garmin 60CS that I like much better)

I'd like to see a coin shaped like a tire with a crushed GPSr sticking out from under it and on the reverse the saying: "Got Dashmount?"

Ok, I'll take taht one step further.... GPS w/ shattered screen "Got Bike Mount"... (I killed a Magellan this way... it's ok b/c I ended up with the Garmin 60CS that I like much better)

How about "Got Wrist Strap? (for the PDA actually)" think of my geo-handle and my bouncing PDA ;)