Geodictionary

I know I wasn't the original poster of this idea but I think it's funny. Many props to the person that posted it first.

Geocaching: An envronmentally low-impact activity that after the purchace of a 4 wheel drive off-road vehicle, boat or jetski with trailer, fuel and a road-side assistance contract for the former, Scuba gear (and lessons), mountaineering and rappelling equipment (and lessons), a laptop computer with satellite internet connection, mapping software, gps reciever, the occasional permit, and a pen or pencil (because you have to bring your own to some caches) is relatively low cost and suitable for all age groups.

Tupperware-plastic containers of varying size usuallly found under logs, in stumps, around rocks, or in other inconspicuous outdoor areas, filled with trinkets of nominal value. Tupperware containers can usually be found by seeking out certain "natural pointers", in particular, bipeds wandering seemingly aimlessly in ever expanding circles, usually with quick glances to an electronic device held in their hands.

Water-proof match container: A small, usually plastic, cylindrical device used for storing long, narrow rolls of paper in a wide variety of environments.

...which, after repeated handling by cachers, is ultimately and eventually not water-proof after all! :laughing:

Water-proof match container: A small, usually plastic, cylindrical device used for storing long, narrow rolls of paper in a wide variety of environments.

...which, after repeated handling by cachers, is ultimately and eventually not water-proof after all! :rolleyes:

Good point.

Ammo can: Metal, initially water-proof, containers of varying size used in the woods in the place of tupperware.

Neither ideally suited for storing food or fending off attacks by heavy equipment or firearms, they tend to be a bit more robust than their plastic counterparts.

geoarachnophobic dance: the movement made by a cacher that has just walked thru a spider web.

:o

ROFLMAO!!! Oh man, I've done that dance more than a few times in the woods in SoAla and NWFla! :o:D<_<

Did it this morning!

BTW - Newbie here :lol: Hi all!

same here. i thought of this thread when it happend this afternoon.

welcome to the the group skillet68