Pesos In Caches?

LDove

Going to Cancun :D in 3 weeks, thought I would bring back some Mexican money and leave it in caches. Is this something that people would enjoy finding???? I have picked up coins before and I liked finding them, but not sure if anybody else would like them?

Swag is swag. I would never trade for them, but the same is true of a lot of what go into caches. Yet at the same time that is one of the things that makes cachin' so fun, everyone has different thoughts and ideas. If you want to leave them in caches great. I know a guy who leaves EU pennies sorta as a calling card. You do what you want to do.

I have bought back lots of small bills of Indian currency (rupees) from India and coins from Nicaragua, and we have often placed these in caches as trade items -- they seem to have gone over well! We also place US currency (ranging from quarters in micros to one dollar andten dollar bills in larger containers) in caches, and that too seems to go over well!

Great! Sounds like I will be bringing back a pocketful of coins to spread around. Would love to find a Nicaraguan coin or a yen. I'm even happy when I find a Chuck E Cheese coin! :laughing: That would really be fun to find a $10.00 or $20.00 bill. I bet that does not happen often, but it sure would be a nice surprise. :lol: P.S. Sean, thanks to you and the Mrs. for helping us keep our rear ends dry at the WGA event! :D

Edited by lonesumdove

Here in the 'burgh, we have at least two caches that want foreign currency. Foreign Finance Fund 1 & 2 (GCG6P8 and GCGBJ7) are both on my list to find. I may get a crack at them later this week week, depending on weather. I've got some vintage (late 19th century to mid 20th century) European and Canadien coins stashed around the house. None are really valuable, so they'll make great trade items.

I also agree with a previous poster: swag is swag. Do you really think those early privateers cared if it were Spanish Dubloons, English Soverigns or Dutch Guilders they were burying?

Edited by PghDragonRider

There is a cache site here in my town that is strictly advertised by the cache owner as a "coin" cache and his request is that only trades be made with other U.S. coins or foreign coins. I have the cache marked with its waypoint and hope to visit it this weekend and do a little "coin" trading myself.

Edited by MouseFart

Of course you should! I can't see anyone having a negative response to finding foreign money in a cache. I can only see a neutral or positive (possibly extremely positive) response. Someone who came across it would either: 1) Oh hey, crazy foreign money. Neat, I guess. OR 2) HEY WINGO! Crazy foreign money! This just made my day!

Personally, I'd be delighted to find foreign money in a cache, but wouldn't trade it unless I happened to bring something from my own coin collection. Sounds like a no brainer to me, no downside!

Glad to hear that some people really enjoy getting them. We will bring back a bunch, and cha-ching and rattle through the airport! :ph34r: The foreign coin exchange is a neat idea, so many geocoins go missing (at least around here) I would hope it would last - may consider that for a cache myself.

Edited by lonesumdove

I left a Canadian coin when I visited Austria... it got traded really quickly. I think it would be great to find a foreign coin! Peso's, Euros, any coin that I don't see often. Just don't don't keep Euros in your walet, they look way too much like loonies and twoonies.

I left a Canadian coin when I visited Austria... it got traded really quickly. I think it would be great to find a foreign coin! Peso's, Euros, any coin that I don't see often. Just don't don't keep Euros in your walet, they look way too much like loonies and twoonies.

Go for it. Most of the things I trade out of caches I recycle back into another cache.. but the foreign coins end up in a small personal pouch special swag.