Duiwelsdinge

GS&Dogs

Sorry Vespax! Here follows a rough translation of the article. Please do not critisise the language as it was done in haste.

"L’Agulhas - A very worried worker of Coastcare reported a “find” he made last year between some rocks close to the lighthouse. Hidden amongst the rocks, they found a plastic container with letters and figurines including soldiers. The container was hidden in a crevice covered neatly with stones.

The messages on the letters seemed very strange and the soldiers made them wonder if it was not maybe “devil things”, or maybe something to do with their ancestors. The workers initially did not want to go back to the area of the find but after Allison Appel from SANparks reassured them that all was well, peace ensued.

It became apparent that the container was a Geocache. According to Appel there is a website where people all around the world, who own GPS equipment, communicate with each other in a kind off treasure hunt. Letters and figurines are hidden in strategic places, usually close to points of interest ie the most southern point or lighthouse in Afrika and the co-ordinates are then published on the website. The challenge is then to find these “treasures” or geocaches with the aid of a GPS and to leave a message “letter”.

Actually only the technology has changed as 400 years ago there was the Post Tree at Mosselbaai where seafarers also left messages “letters” for each other to find."

Edited by GS&Dogs

Sorry Vespax! Here follows a rough translation of the article.

"Actually only the technology has changed as 400 years ago there was the Post Tree at Mosselbaai where seafarers also left messages “letters” for each other to find."

No worries. I know I am in the minority here. This becomes apparent on some of those WC cache days we are fond of having here!!! Thanks for translating for me! If you need some spanish work..... :D

So the next question is, who is placing that long overdue cache in Mosselbaai near the Post Tree? I have driven past a few times and have heard about the tree, but have yet to stop and have a look. :D

Heh heh.... awesome. Must be TVM's Soldaatjies (Soldiers - vespax) as it's their signature item.

Glad to see that Sanparks doesn’t seem to have taken too much offence. If only all muggles would think these things are devilish and leave the site alone. Perhaps we should place more soldiers and voodoo dolls in caches. :D

I had some mugglets discover one of my caches Reporters Riddle #3 and remove it thinking that they had discovered treasure. Log Note