Email From Garmin Re: 60cx V2.71

Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.71:

* Add feature to save active track log to file on data card.

* Add ability to put unit into USB mass storage mode via the interface setup page to facilitate copying track files from data card to PC.

What does the 2nd point mean? What "interface setup page"??

I haven't actually used it yet, but from what I've heard, you don't need to remove the data card from the unit to access the .gpx track files! If I'm not mistaken, I believe you were very vocal about wanting this ability when the track log to file on data card feature came out in the beta version. :)

Edit:

I think the Interface Setup page is where you set the communication protocol (Garmin, NMEA, etc.)

I think it's: MENU > MENU > Setup > ENTR > Interface > ENTR

Edited by Neo_Geo

Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.71:

* Add feature to save active track log to file on data card.

* Add ability to put unit into USB mass storage mode via the interface setup page to facilitate copying track files from data card to PC.

What does the 2nd point mean? What "interface setup page"??

Your 60CS just became a very expensive card reader. :)

I'm glad to see this feature as it will reduce the chance of damage while taking the micro sd card out and putting it back in.

Olar

What I want to know is why the emails started to come today, when the release was two weeks ago. That is strange.

Yep, go to the track page and then the data card setup. There is a box on the bottom that will magically turn the card into a readable drive.

And Planewood....how did you miss this firmware upgrade? I thought you were one of the super keeners. ;)

I haven't actually used it yet, but from what I've heard, you don't need to remove the data card from the unit to access the .gpx track files! If I'm not mistaken, I believe you were very vocal about wanting this ability when the track log to file on data card feature came out in the beta version. ;)

Edit:

I think the Interface Setup page is where you set the communication protocol (Garmin, NMEA, etc.)

I think it's: MENU > MENU > Setup > ENTR > Interface > ENTR

Oh yeah, with 2.61 there wasn't any way to get those tracks off the card was there??? Other than to plug the card into the computer sd slot with an adapter.

Hey, their starting to get the idea!!!! Does that mean we can write tracks to the card while it's still in the GPSr??

I had remembered when this topic was on this forum a couple weeks ago that you had to go to this Windows System Tray to click the Icon to Safely Remove Hardware to pop the GPS back out of Card Reader mode, and the GPS reboots back to the start Screen. Have not played around with this feature in awhile, but it is a cool way to store copies of the maps for different parts of the world on a laptop, and you just have to erase the card and copy a map file directly to the card, from the hard drive like the eXplorist, but it does still seem a bit slower than the eXplorist I have.