Tbs In A Virtual... I Wonder What's Going On Here?

The "Icon Ho" TB is a travel bug that contains loads and loads of coins and "Icon" travellers and gets passed from hand to hand for all the "Icon Ho's" (as the Americans like to call them*) out there to log...

No idea what it's doing in that virtual though.

Bambi.

* For the UK equivalent, I usually think of a rude word that sounds a little bit like a type of frost... :)

It doesn't seem to be a virtual TB/coin. It looks like its a real TB which is a folder (or similar) containing a number of coins. The idea seems to be to allow people who find the TB to log all the coins and get the icons.

The question is, where is the TB. It obviously isn't at a virtual cache.

It doesn't seem to be a virtual TB/coin. It looks like its a real TB which is a folder (or similar) containing a number of coins. The idea seems to be to allow people who find the TB to log all the coins and get the icons.

It is indeed a real travel bug and not a virtual one. As to where it acually is now, I have no idea, but more info on the beast can be found in a thread on the GeoCoin forum. I would guess that the person who placed it in the virtual has/had it and wanted to get all that stuff off their inventory...

Bambi.

Edited by Bambi&Thumper

I use one of our own caches for just this purpose - it's a nano so it's pretty obvious the coins are not in the cache (I've also added a note saying so on the cache page in case anyone does not realise).

There was a similar discussion on the main forum about people using Archived caches to "park" TBs and Geocoins recently but I can't find the link. The consensus was the same reasons as outlined by Bambi&Thumper

There was a similar discussion on the main forum about people using Archived caches to "park" TBs and Geocoins recently but I can't find the link. The consensus was the same reasons as outlined by Bambi&Thumper

Oh I understand that okay, as my own coins are kept out of my inventory in one of my own archived caches conveniently close to my home co-ords. I also understand logging a TB in and out of a cache to to show where it has travelled... however, this does rather smell of virtual logging to me. Or, as Learned Gerbil says, some other agenda perhaps. Strange.

It is indeed a real travel bug and not a virtual one. As to where it acually is now, I have no idea, but more info on the beast can be found in a thread on the GeoCoin forum. I would guess that the person who placed it in the virtual has/had it and wanted to get all that stuff off their inventory...

Bambi.

hmmmmm

On a side note I have never considered geocoins travel bugs. Why? Because that's not the point of a geocoin.

Anywoo, what not enough people realize is that you can stick your coins and bugs out to an unknown location and people can still discover them.

By the way, I have just now decided never to 'Discover' a TB or geocoin.