Creative Urban Geocaching

The lavatory ceiling deal will get you arrested, it will be destroying property not your own and is terribly irresponcible, in poor taste, and would not be approved if the reviewer knew where the cache was placed. that would fall into the dumb stunt catagory, not in the spirit of caching.

now under a sink might fly, book in a library has been done with permission, a loose brick could work depending on where its done. It's important to understand that while you might be careful in placing a cache, the people looking might not be as gentle.

Edited by wiseye

Every cache will be visited by its share of people who don't care about stealth or who will beat on the cache site. So we really need to keep them in mind when choosing a spot. I sure wouldn't want to be on the toity and have a bunch of hooligans come crashing around looking for a cache, or lurking about waiting for me to get out of the way.

One creative and muggle-heavy (not that most muggles are heavy...) cache that comes to mind was in Vancouver, WA that was inside a hollowed-out boat bumper hanging on a rope in plain sight among two or three other similar items on the deck of a very public restaurant dining area, adjacent to a public sidewalk. I found the cache in the middle of the night, but others had somehow found, opened, retrieved, signed and replaced the small (non-micro) cache in plain sight during business hours.

(I got some mileage out of that paragraph, huh?)

Above a ceiling panel in a lavatory?

Well there would seem to be a problem of sex involved as well. unless you creepily asked a friend of the opposite sex. "hey, would you run in this bathroom real quick and look for a small item that may be hidden in a random place" yeah... on second thought this would be very interesting in the posts.

What year is it?

According to The Chinese Calendar, it's the Year of the Rabbit.

Speaking of creative urban geocaching and rabbits, I heard once that Hans Wagner has a 22 pound pet rabbit.

Urban Legends

You might be a good candidate for my one and only puzzle cache, Urban Legends.

I might be! I do love a good Urban Legand, as well as a creative urban geocache.

And I enjoy reading about vintage creative urban geocache styles, like those used back in 2006.

But my favorite Urban Legend is this one:

Jackie: No, it's true. I heard it before.

Wendy: Yah.

Jackie: Only I heard it was on a beach.

Wendy: Yeah.

Hardware: No, I heard it happened at a park.

Spaz: Oh, I heard it, but the guy was missing a foot.

Larry: How could the guy have a hook on his foot!?

What year is it?

According to The Chinese Calendar, it's the Year of the Rabbit.

Speaking of creative urban geocaching and rabbits, I heard once that Hans Wagner has a 22 pound pet rabbit.

Urban Legends

Actually I've seen and petted a rabbit this big. I wanted to hold it, but wasn't quite sure how to pick it up, or even if it would let me, so it got a pet on the head.

060411_rabbit_big.jpg