Brand New Twin Ports Geocachers Coin (le)

Team Petey1

geocoinart.jpg

A BRAND NEW personal Geocoin, this coin is a cutout of one of the most unique bridges in the world. It's history is amazing - you can read it here: Bridge History

Also, it's one of the most beautiful landmarks in the northland. You can see some actual photos here: Amazing Lift Bridge Photos

The 1st set are polished gold and 200 will be minted.

The 2nd set are polished nickel and 250 will be minted.

The final set are polished black nickel and only 50 will be minted.

All will be trackable and unactivated.

The coins will be 2" long, epoxy'd, and the highest quality I could purchase.

The coins, in addition, will carry their own, special icon.

This was our first attempt at a geocoin, and, after working with 2 separate professional coin designers, these are about as amazing as I ever could've hoped for. In addition, these are the VERY FIRST geocoins representing the Twin Ports Geocachers of northern Minnesota and northern Wisconsin that I'm aware of. I'm hoping, if this all goes well, to create an annual series of these coins - each depicting another landmark of the northland. And, I'm hoping to keep them to a VERY limited number minted. But, even so, I'm hoping that the vast majority of them end up in caches... and, I'm planning on keeping 50 coins for myself to physically place in caches.

I'm expecting delivery in mid-June. Watch for them on an eBay page near you... :)

If you have ANY questions, you can email us directly from our profile: Team Petey (Team Petey1 is just our forum name). Or, email us directly here: drummerwb@yahoo.com Or, just post a note here... :D

Thanks for looking!!

Edited by Team Petey1

To be honest, I'm learning as I go here... several people have already emailed me and I like this suggestion the best... I'll take advanced orders for the top 2 coins (the 200 polished gold/black and the 250 polished silver/blue) and, the bottom coin (the 50 Polished Black Nickel/Blue) will be auctioned on eBay. I really don't have an idea of the price yet, but i will post it here as soon as I arrive at one (after I can ask for some help!) :)

I'm not sure what to charge as this is our 1st attempt... I'm planning on asking some of my more experience geocoin and geocaching friends here in the area as to what is a fair price.

A fair price is JUST over cost. If this is a personal coin it should be paid for by you, not the masses.

I'm not sure what to charge as this is our 1st attempt... I'm planning on asking some of my more experience geocoin and geocaching friends here in the area as to what is a fair price.

A fair price is JUST over cost. If this is a personal coin it should be paid for by you, not the masses.

I remember when someone had a dog canine coin and sold it for 5.75 with no tracking number. :)

Edited by hn25slc

WOW! I can honestly say I NEVER expected the response I've received to these coins!! I'm going to take the advice I've received and price them as follows:

SEE REVISED PRICING IN POST #17!!!

For the 200 Polished Gold/Black Coins: 10.00 each

For the 250 Polished Nickel/Blue Coins: 9.50 each

US Shipping will be $2.50 for up to 2 coins. Above that, US shipping will be $3.50 to a maximum of 4 coins.

Paypal is my preferred method of payment. (drummerwb@yahoo.com)

For all the people who've already expressed an interest, you'll ALL be kept on the list unless you'd like to change or cancel your order. Everyone who emails me at drummerwb@yahoo.com will be placed on the list in a first come/first served order.

Again, I've receive a number of emails regarding the 50 Black Nickel/Blue coins. They will ONLY be available on ebay once I receive them.

Thank you to EVERYONE who's already written me - I'm amazed and VERY happy this coin is in such demand. But, all credit goes to Jamie at MadHattersNeverland.com and the designers at Coinsandpins.com.

Edited by Team Petey1

I'm going to take the advice I've received and price them as follows:

US Shipping will be $2.50 for up to 2 coins. Above that, US shipping will be $3.50 to a maximum of 4 coins.

Bummer ... I almost purchased.

WOW! I can honestly say I NEVER expected the response I've received to these coins!! I'm going to take the advice I've received and price them as follows:

"WOW! I can honestly say I NEVER expected" the price to be this high!

Sorry, nice coin but I'm passing.

Edited by nicolo

Okay - I've heard from enough of you that I'm revising the prices! Like I said, I'm new at this and feeling my way along...

NEW - CURRENT - AND FINAL PRICING! (ALL who've emailed me and requested coins will get this new, lowered price).

For the 200 Polished Gold/Black Coins: 9.00 each

For the 250 Polished Nickel/Blue Coins: 8.50 each

Shipping will remain the same.

If interested, email me here: drummerwb@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Wow!!! 10 bucks... :)

An empty profile, and the maker is not interested in a trade. My conclusion: he's in it for the money, the whole money and nothing but the money.

I pass.

Edited by Myth

Wow!!! 10 bucks... :)

An empty profile, and the maker is not interested in a trade. My conclusion: he's in it for the money, the whole money and nothing but the money.

I pass.

I actually noticed this a well but he mentions that this is his forum profile. He has another account, "Team Petey", where he actually has over 150 finds.

But yeah, about the money part, I agree.

Edited by nicolo

Wow!!! 10 bucks... :D

I pass.

I came up with the same conclusion.

PASS!! :):ph34r::ph34r::D

Okay - I've heard from enough of you that I'm revising the prices! Like I said, I'm new at this and feeling my way along...

NEW - CURRENT - AND FINAL PRICING! (ALL who've emailed me and requested coins will get this new, lowered price).

For the 200 Polished Gold/Black Coins: 9.00 each

For the 250 Polished Nickel/Blue Coins: 8.50 each

Shipping will remain the same.

If interested, email me here: drummerwb@yahoo.com

Thanks!

One minute while I put my flame suit on. Based on my calculation using your description of the coin, it would cost around $4.00 dollars to mint just the coin. Tracking with custom icon adds another $1.50 to $2.00 dollars per coin. That put $2.50 to $3.00 per coin in your pocket

Shipping of $2.50? Stamps.com for 3oz +$0.14 delivery confirmation is $1.01+$0.10 per padded envelope (in quantity) equals $1.11 thats another $1.39 for a total of $3.89 to $4.39 in your pocket.

I really think you need to seek some more advice in order to see a positive response. You missed out on the days of people willing to pay this price, $8.00 with shipping across the board should do. That stills gives you $445.00 in your pocket for all the hard work

There is not an additional price increase to do another metal, why the increase of $0.50 per coin for the polished gold?

Unless you are minting precious metals, Coins and Pins standard level of production is Level 2, this is the same level everyone uses.

Yes most of us here in the forums have minted coins or helped in some sort of project related to coins. We all know what it costs to do a coin.

Harsh...

I think this deserves a reply...

I certainly don't mind if you "Pass on the coins", that's certainly you're decision to make - but, I want to be perfectly clear on a few things...

1. Yes, I DO have a profile - but I couldn't make it link to the forums. Our profile name is TEAM PETEY. I was forced to set up a forum profile because it wouldn't work.

2. If you read, I'm planning on sending 50 of the coins out into the "wild" for FREE. NOTHING. NADA. etc. My ultimate goal in doing this was to get coins out into caches... and, yes, I'm bearing the brunt of the cost to do that. Further, there are a large number of VERY active geocachers in our area which I'm planning on giving coins to - at no cost to them - simply because I respect them and their contribution to the sport.

3. No, I'm not in it "for the money". I'm the one putting up the $3500 to make this happen - and, honestly, I'm not expecting to sell ANYWHERE NEAR enough coins to cover my total expenses in this (Time, money, etc). I'm happy just covering SOME of my expenses here... if, by chance, they actually DO sell out, great. But, if they don't, that's just fine with me too.

4. Finally, I'm a geocacher just like the rest of you. I respect the sport - I respect the find - and I want to see more coins in caches again! I just bought 2 coins (see in my profile - TEAM PETEY) for $16 and $26 respectively - and I put them in CACHES! Yes, I put my money where my mouth is. I really don't think the flaming is quite so necessary... I'm not here to try to gain enemies AT ALL! I LOVE this sport... and, if 8.50 is too much for a coin, then I understand.

Peace to all (even the flamers).

Glen from Team Petey

I saw the bill for these coins. It's close to $7 a coin cost. Plus a fee to the coin artist used originally. So $8.50 and $9 is fair for this coin.

My only recomendation is the shipping just needs to be lowered to a per coin basis. I suggest $1 per coin for US shipments.

I saw the bill for these coins. It's close to $7 a coin cost. Plus a fee to the coin artist used originally. So $8.50 and $9 is fair for this coin.

My only recomendation is the shipping just needs to be lowered to a per coin basis. I suggest $1 per coin for US shipments.

So, how can we see the bill so we can decide. Or are you involved in this coin?

Just curious :)

Not involved. The OP just sent it to me based on some concerns I expressed in an email.

Not involved. The OP just sent it to me based on some concerns I expressed in an email.

OK, thanks

Harsh...

4. Finally, I'm a geocacher just like the rest of you. I respect the sport - I respect the find - and I want to see more coins in caches again! I just bought 2 coins (see in my profile - TEAM PETEY) for $16 and $26 respectively - and I put them in CACHES! Yes, I put my money where my mouth is. I really don't think the flaming is quite so necessary... I'm not here to try to gain enemies AT ALL! I LOVE this sport... and, if 8.50 is too much for a coin, then I understand.

Peace to all (even the flamers).

Glen from Team Petey

If you would like to see your coins in caches, try joining the Grand Experiment. A link to our group can be seen at the bottom of this post. We would love to have you aboard.

JayBee

May I make a suggestion here for all those who decide to make a coin in the future? Decide what you are going to charge for your coin and THEN post. Baiting and switching is only going to result in confusion. If you are new at something, do the homework first. Prices that fluctuate while people are in the process of ordering is not fair.

A couple quick things here...

To Go JayBee - I've got you on the list for 5. Which coin or combination of the 2 would you like? If you'd like, you can post it here, or, feel free to email me. Whichever is easiest for you.

To Eartha - I agree with you 100%. I was a little too excited when I posted - then I had to make changes. But, just to be clear - EVERYONE is getting the lower prices. But, if you're making a coin, heed Eartha's advice. It's good, sage wisdom. Plain and simple.

Finally, to Celticwulf - THANK YOU for the link in the MNGCA!! I received your email and I have you down for the coins you reqested. And, yes, I've seen your name on several caches too!! It's always nice to run into someone who's found some of the same caches and is familiar with the area! If you're in the area again, I have a bookmark list of the "Best Caches in the Northland" (IMHO) ;-) I'm sure you done some of them, but, there are some new ones that are wonderful. Anyway, Thanks again!!

All the best - and happy caching to all!!

-Glen from Team Petey.

I still have a large number of coins left - if interested in them, email me as the list is growing...

Contact me at: drummerwb@yahoo.com

By the way, a VERY special thank you to everyone who's emailed me with their kind words regarding the coins!! I sincerely appreciate your comments!! :sad:

All the best - and happy caching to each of you,

-Glen from Team Petey.

Thanks for the order TreePlanter - and everyone else who's ordered so far!

I won't be invoicing anyone until I have the coins "IN-HAND"! So, if you would like to order now, you can reserve one early and you won't pay until I'm ready to SHIP!! (It would be unfair if I was to invoice you early and have use of that money for a month)

And, I also agree with you TreePlanter, Kealia's avatar is a little creepy. (Then again, Smegal is no prize... that's what "the ring" will do to ya I guess, huh?) :sad:

Emailed sent for a gold one...I started out buying a lot of coins, but now am more selective in what I purchase. I buy the ones I want as long as the price isn't too out landish...which I don't think this one is. Passing by this bridge every day to work and back, it was a "gotta have one". Thanks for putting this one together!

Coins are still available! (Although supply is getting smaller by the day).

Polished Gold/Black Coins: 9.00 each

Polished Nickel/Blue Coins: 8.50 each

These coins are a FULL TWO INCHES in length!

The 50 Black Nickel Limited Edition Version coins will only be available on eBay.

Invoicing will NOT occur until I have the actual coins IN HAND.

Finally, I spoke with my rep at Coinsandpins.com and she's informed me that the coins will be shipped to me the second week of June. After I receive them, I will post pictures of them so everyone can see how they turned out...

If you're interested in these coins, email me at: drummerwb@yahoo.com

Thanks everybody - and have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend full of caching!!!

Edited by Team Petey1

They are unique - Email sent

Thanks for the nice comments Doublestuff! I've got you listed and will send a confirmation email later today.

Happy caching! And, to all who are reading this thread - let's keep REAL coins in caches (aka "The Wild") - LOTS of them!! As a great man once said, "FLY, BE FREE!" :laughing: (okay, the "great man" that said that was Mork from Ork. But, I think you get the idea) :laughing:

Edited by Team Petey1