Comedy Caches

Like the 5 gallon water bottle filled with 35mm film cans, of which only one is the real cache?

or perhaps a cache that actually required you drive 80 miles on the PA turnpike in order to score the final?

Or a multi that ran you around to almost every light post in a bunch of store parking lots, then sent you hiking for a mile or two into the woods for the final (which would rightfully have to be a nano or something equally lame)

We've got the first two, the third... eh.... if I'm feeling mean enough and have a little extra time... :cry:

Like the 5 gallon water bottle filled with 35mm film cans, of which only one is the real cache?

or perhaps a cache that actually required you drive 80 miles on the PA turnpike in order to score the final?

Or a multi that ran you around to almost every light post in a bunch of store parking lots, then sent you hiking for a mile or two into the woods for the final (which would rightfully have to be a nano or something equally lame)

We've got the first two, the third... eh.... if I'm feeling mean enough and have a little extra time... :cry:

... or the one which sounds like it requires super human feats of skill to complete, but when you get there is a simple tupperware container and a log book asking you to perhap embellish your find a bit when you log it online. Nope ... never heard of any like that around these here parts. :)

I've found a few and now myself have placed some "funny" hides - caches that make you grin when you locate them. For example, I was on a trip and stopped at a roadside rest to search for a cache located nearby. The trail took me into the woods where I finally spotted the cache container - a Mail Box mounted at about the right height with "Geocaching" as the name. I have to say that I wasn't expecting that and it did put a grin on my face.

That's already been done? argh!! I'm in the planning stages of making a lightpost multi that ends in an ammobox in the woods. The primary purpose is simply to block off all of the mall/walmart/shopping center parking lots in the areas from lame micros.

Before I had several experiences with muggles on my woods tree caches, which just taught me that on matter what you do, someone will see it and try to wreck it, we had planned on a cache hidden in pink flamingo after a stenuous hike.

But, it just isn't worth it. Shame, the cachers would love it but the first muggle to come across it would take it.

Paul

That's already been done? argh!! I'm in the planning stages of making a lightpost multi that ends in an ammobox in the woods. The primary purpose is simply to block off all of the mall/walmart/shopping center parking lots in the areas from lame micros.

We have one like this out here, although the final was just in some bushes and not a long hike. I don't know how many WPs there were, but it was probably close to 30. They went back and forth through a mall parking lot...it took a couple of hours to complete!

like a multi you take all day to finish only to go back ten feet away from the fist stage that you just walked over to find the last stage.

Funny, I hid three caches on sunday and was thinking that would be funny to do one just like that.

Ive been contemplating one with both the last and the first at the same coords. with the first stage being bright orange, and the last being well cammoed..

Ive been contemplating one with both the last and the first at the same coords. with the first stage being bright orange, and the last being well cammoed..

We did one like this a few weekends ago. After an hour of bushwhacking, we found the coords to the final were the same as the original. Very clever.

... or the one which sounds like it requires super human feats of skill to complete, but when you get there is a simple tupperware container and a log book asking you to perhap embellish your find a bit when you log it online. Nope ... never heard of any like that around these here parts. :)

Hmmm...I'm not familiar with that one...unless it's the one I've been saving for a milestone.

I have a micro hidden in a fake dog turd, nobody wanted to be #2 to sign the "log" ;) I also set up a no trade, no log cache where people have to leave a fantasy find in the cache (or they can't log it) - have read about one like this before and the logs were hilarious. Some of the logs people have written already are really cute.

I have been to one listed as a micro, but it was actually a giant barrel with a huge log book, giant pencil. Funny to read people's logs to keep the secret it is called "Super Sized".

Another one I saw last weekend took you to a doorbell on a stump, push the button and listen for the doorbell to ring in the woods to find the cache.

i like the one mentioned bout the 30 stages in the mall parking lot..that would be fun to go there on a week end an lay on the bank with a case of beer an a telescope,crack a beer an watch em go from stage to stage..great fun for you an a great feeling of accomplishment for them....LOL....

Hey, now there's an idea!

i like the one mentioned bout the 30 stages in the mall parking lot..that would be fun to go there on a week end an lay on the bank with a case of beer an a telescope,crack a beer an watch em go from stage to stage..great fun for you an a great feeling of accomplishment for them....LOL....

Even better would be to have about 30 or so stages and have the last stage point back to the first. All these lightposts look the same and it might take some a while to realize that they're in an endless loop!

Guess you couldn't really do that however since you do eventually have to get to a log book somehow ... maybe a puzzle cache that the real trick is that the actual coords are hidden in the writeup -- or better still the layout of the order the light posts are visited when viewed from the air are the coordinates -- and the exercise in the mall parking lot is to see how silly you can look?

Hey, now there's an idea!

Good idea, but make sure they're stragically placed so someone can't drop another lightpost turd 529 feet away from it in the same parking lot. Believe me, I've seen it done. :D

... or the one which sounds like it requires super human feats of skill to complete, but when you get there is a simple tupperware container and a log book asking you to perhap embellish your find a bit when you log it online. Nope ... never heard of any like that around these here parts. :D

Hmmm...I'm not familiar with that one...unless it's the one I've been saving for a milestone.

Oh ... there's none around here ... really ... there isn't!