Reviewer Punishments

welch

With the 'recent' increase of bad reviewers doing bad things I'd think we should come up with a list of possiable punishments for these bad reviewers. Also, try to figure out if the punishment would be effective...

(I tried this 'geo-crime and punishment' thread in the OT forum, but noone got it, so I'll again)

Punishments:

1. Stop paying the reviewers,

of course they aren't paid anyway so withholding their paycheck won't matter :)

2. give them forced unpaid time off,

the problem I see with this is they're generally using their free time to review anyway, so time off would be like a reward vaction :D

3. send them some angry ranting emails....

judging from the forums they all seem to be immune to this sort of thing. I think maybe they're all on some sort of prescription drugs, maybe this can be witheld from them??(could someone check if that legal?)

4. threaten to open some forum threads trashing them,

dang it! same problem as with number 3 :cry:

other ideas?

I think all reviewers should have their own caches reviewed by a hair splitting rules lawer of a reviewer that doesn't believe in guidelines just rules and who's emails make for the dryest most verbose reading this side of the college text books. The icing on the cake would be that any discussion, debate, argument over a cache would be like trying to use a file to grind down a mountain.

That way they have already seen the worst there is and they have walked in a cache owners shoes. Approving their own caches just bypasses the process the rest of us go through.