The Da Vinci Code

murfster

Saw it this afternoon Murf. I know, I know, what am I doing going to the show when I could be out caching? Let's not go there. :cry:

Anyway the wife and I both agree that it would be wise to read the book first. The movie may be hard to follow otherwise. We'll go along with your rating.

Cheers, Olar

Great that's just what we need :cry: MORE and HARDER puzzle caches

Remember Traditional Caches? {sigh} Just a walk in the woods, no real brains involved?

CAPJAP made a Dan Brown cache a year or so ago, took me ages to figure it out. It was fun, but give me a Multi Cache any day!

I dunno... maybe I'm not the right guy to say this, but I prefer the physical aspects of Geocaching to the mental ones. I can sit home an do "Brain Teasers" whenever I like. But give me a trail, and a container to find... and what more could i ask for?

:) The Blue Quasar

I dunno... maybe I'm not the right guy to say this, but I prefer the physical aspects of Geocaching to the mental ones. I can sit home an do "Brain Teasers" whenever I like. But give me a trail, and a container to find... and what more could i ask for?

I'll second that!

Olar

...I prefer the physical aspects of Geocaching to the mental ones. I can sit home an do "Brain Teasers" whenever I like. But give me a trail, and a container to find... and what more could i ask for?

I am with you. Too often, I have queued up the next target in my GPSr and Palm, only to discover I was supposed to do some prepatory work at home first. Oh well, on to the next cache...

But give me a trail, and a container to find...

I'll drink to that!

I haven't seen the movie but I did finish the book 2 weeks ago. I think I'm the last person on earth to have read it. I didn't find the book hard to follow at all, and I can see that it should transfer to a movie pretty well (although I haven't seen the movie yet). Its a good book and well researched. I must confess I prefer Clive Cussler for rollicking, yet intelligent, adventure storeis, but not sure if I could recommend to Dan Brown fans. The bodies pile up pretty quickly and the gunfights come with some degree of predictability in Cussler's books.

I won't comment on my cache count this weekend. :)

C-A

I recently read the book and enjoyed it . Fast paced and interesting. I did think there were some basic flaws in it, and was able to guess at a few parts, but I was quite willing to overlook those and enjoy it anyway. There are some intriquing facts and many made up facts as well. It's fiction. I really want to see the movie, not for the storyline, but for the imagery and musical score which I've heard is very good.

Facts and fictions: http://www.religionfacts.com/da_vinci_code/list.htm

Edited by EraSeek

I just saw the movie and really enjoyed it in all aspects. If you don't get hung up on the "facts" thing and just see it as a good fictional story, it works. If you haven't read the book however you'll miss alot. They obviously assume you've read it first.

Good imagery, great musical score. Acting was excellent.

They did change some of the storyline.

There's a BOOK too?

Gee, I hope the Church doesn't find out... then everyone will start debating it and the market will flood with lots more books debating it.

Then everyone will get sick of the hype

Wait a minute.....

That's sounds familiar.

:laughing: The Blue Quasar

Believe everything you see and read... just to be safe :laughing:

I thought this was a geocaching site not a movie reveiw site! :lol:

<_< OH! My idea was lots of things relate to caching and I got several ideas out of the movie.

There are several caches using the movie theme. It was just a FYI.. and the discussion went on.

Thank you for your thoughtful input. :D

Murfster

smart Canada held a scavenger hunt on May 27th in three cities - I took part in the Vancouver event, attended by about 75 cars, and their owners/friends.

The hunt was strictly driving - with 4 locations to go to, and a final BBQ destination. There were 4 routes as well. The clues were mostly good, and there was an obvious Amazing Race type feel to it - with clues in envelopes etc...

They called the events 'The Mystery Revealed', which was done in support on the Da Vinci Code. We received some promo items to boot. Read more at www.clubsmartcar.ca under general discussions...