Historical Markers Grouped Together

I wish to sumit a new waymarker of three historical markers that are within 10 feet of each other. Should I group them into one waymark or treat them each as individual waymarks? This is my first waymark and my first post. Thanks to all.

I wish to sumit a new waymarker of three historical markers that are within 10 feet of each other. Should I group them into one waymark or treat them each as individual waymarks? This is my first waymark and my first post. Thanks to all.

This is a bit unusual for historical markers. What kind are they?

The best thing is to direct your inquiry to the group leader of the particular category. Each category manager/group sets the policy for that particular category and ultimately approves or rejects each waymark submission.

This is a bit unusual for historical markers. What kind are they?

The best thing is to direct your inquiry to the group leader of the particular category. Each category manager/group sets the policy for that particular category and ultimately approves or rejects each waymark submission.

Thanks for the reply. The markers are at the Christian County KY Courthouse. One marker is about William Clark, of Lewis and Clark fame, who spent the night at a tavern nearby in 1809. Another is about the courthouse being burned down during the Civil War. The 3rd marker is about how Christian County was named. I'll send this in to the group manager and see what they say.

Edited by snfromky

as owner of the KY marker category, and avid waymarker of Historic markers....

each PLAQUE is a different MARK, i have seen a string of 10 or so in GA, and have heard that there are larger groups in Savannah. each pole coming out of the ground is a different marker.

you should become accustomed to checking BOTH SIDES of the marker. sometimes it is different.....this is still the SAME MARK, but it has more information......

i just approved one marker 'SN', now you can post these.....

Agreed... I have several Ontario Historic Plaques that are within 10 feet of each other, as well I have seen Canadian National Historic Plaques that are actually two separate plaques mounted as if they were an open book.

I think it happens often that one plaque is for the location, one for an event, and another for a person.

Each Plaque is a separate Waymark, since each was created on its own

:P The Blue Quasar

Of course management is different across categories (as already mentioned), but 3 waymarks make it easier to do searches in the future. Someone may be interested in Lewis & Clark while someone else may be interested in Civil War history. Joining them in one waymark just gets confusing.

Of course management is different across categories (as already mentioned), but 3 waymarks make it easier to do searches in the future. Someone may be interested in Lewis & Clark while someone else may be interested in Civil War history. Joining them in one waymark just gets confusing.

OTOH, if the markers are all about the same subject but are markedly different-looking, I've, in the past, combined them (as at Bunker Hill, for instance).