Delaware 2005 Geocoin!

the butterfly effect

Hi everyone I have a cache it is called geocoin trader GCVW9T and everyone has loved it so far but I have a question!! Some one put a really neat geocoin in it (delaware 2005) it says that it is trackable on geocaching but when I put the code to have it show up in the inventory colum on the right it says that it isn't activated yet am I doing something wrong!!! that is the neatest coin I have seen yet it has deleware and a bird on one side and on the other it has a list of the first coin cache cacher and has some cachers avatars on it it is a big coin too!! pleeeeeese help me I have emailed the one who put it in there and she hasn't emailed me back!!! :ninja::D:)

If the coin has not been activated and there is no note attached, it could have been placed there as a prize for the next finder. Keep trying to contact the person who left it there to find out.

The coin can also be traded with that person or moved to another cache. I would at least leave something of equal value in trade.

it is my cache and I try to keep all coins tracked and on the right track so this one is bothering me!! I found that all delaware coins are owned by delaware geocaching and they put them out to get coins out there again and they have all been activated so I have no Idea whats up with this one!!! any ideas???

I would try contacting the cacher that left the DE geocoin in the cache. As for the DE geocoins in general, they were sold to the public but the DE geocaching group did keep a lot of them to send out as travelers. If the DE coin you found isn't activated, try and activating it. If you're able to activate it under your account, then the coin was probably meant as a trade item and you should probably leave another coin in your cache for the next finder. Hope that helps.

Are you SURE your entering the correct code? :P

I had one once that that I couldn't get the tracking code to enter.(Actually, it's been more than once :P )

After trying several variations of the number I finally figured out that I was mistaking a digit for a letter.

0 for O or O for 0

1 for I or I for 1

5 for S or S for 5

are common mistakes.

Also, I don't remember the coin in question, but if the tracking number is small 6's sometimes look like 8's

D-man :P

well I just got an email from the one who placed the coin and she says she got it as a door prize at a geopicnic and didn't know how to get activated w/o code sooooo where can I get the code she said maybe I can find out more about the coin!! help me please I hate to let such a cool coin have no mission!

Try contacting 2dolphins. Hopefully they'll be able to help. Good luck!

I'd like to add some clarification to the Delaware coins.

50 coins were release, one in each state, to travel from cache to cache. These were pre-registered and those selected to distribute for their state where given instruction to release the coins into caches.

I was selected to release the Arizona coin. It arrived in a plastic back that had already been ripped and with a piece of paper explaining it's goal. I replaced the coin into an Air-tite and made a laminated business card hoping that my efforts would allow the coin a longer journey.

While other coins from this project may not still have their paperwork, the description on the tracking page is quite clear.

Edited by Jake - Team A.I.

I got the Delaware coin to be released in Nebraska. I don't remember who sent me the email about it and mailed it to me though. :P

I will check at work tomorrow and see if I still have the email. I doubt I do because I have been clearing out old email from that account recently, but if it is still there, I'll send it to you since I figure that person would know how to activate it.

I found it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i found who made the coins he emailed the guy who bought the coin and he said if the other guy can get me the coin activaion code that would be great thanks team shydog for your coin and mikeogg for the help!! :):D:D:cry::D and thanks to Che K for placing coin in our cache we will choose a special name for it in your honor and send it on its travels!!

Edited by the butterfly effect