The John Harrison Geocoin

toponym

Here is the John Harrison Geocoin.

John Harrison invented the marine chronometer which was used to determine longitude at sea before geocaching was invented :ninja: .

If you would like to be added to my mailing list, simply send me an email (smalltreasures4sale@cox.net). I will notify you when these becomne available for sale before I sell them elsewhere.

The John Harrison Geocoin

Erik (Toponym)

Edited by toponym

Yet another poor "geo"-coin. See the Sumatra geocoin and the Orion geocoin and the Feng Shui geocoin threads about how people will try to sell anything on a geocoin. Don't we as cachers have better morals about selling useless/lame/crappy/unispired/costly geocoins to other cachers. I don't mean to sound rude but enough is enough. Let's start keeping the geocoins related to the hobby so it will last for years to come and not leave a sour commercial taste in our mouths.

As John Harrison was an English man, this coin would have been far better conceived by cachers from the UK. The way I see it, making coins celebrating the historic events of another country is a bit cheap, so I shall be passing it by.

I understand where you're coming from, however, no one from the UK came up with such a coin. Furthermore, if someone from the UK came up with a geocoin, or any product for that matter, honoring a famous American, I would see it as a compliment. It would re-iterate the fact that our two countries are no longer enemies but allies.

Finally, it was never about England but rather the history of navigation.

Toponym

Yet another poor "geo"-coin. See the Sumatra geocoin and the Orion geocoin and the Feng Shui geocoin threads about how people will try to sell anything on a geocoin. Don't we as cachers have better morals about selling useless/lame/crappy/unispired/costly geocoins to other cachers. I don't mean to sound rude but enough is enough. Let's start keeping the geocoins related to the hobby so it will last for years to come and not leave a sour commercial taste in our mouths.

Let's remember that people don't have to buy if they don't want to. People buy for different reasons :(

I received this geocoin as a gift, but can't find the manufacturer anywhere to get the activation coin. Anyone know who makes these coins? I've tried Coin Codes, Oak Coins and Hog Codes with no luck. Any other big ones I'm missing?

That was originally sold by me. Send me an e-mail at Shop@Family-RoadTrip.com with the tracking number.

Erik (Toponym) :rolleyes:

I think these are pretty neat coins. They may not have any relevance to people living in areas without bodies of water. I am looking into getting a nautical themed coin and associating it's tracking number with my kayak. I'll spray paint the tracking number on my kayak, and when there is a geocaching event on the water and I bring the kayak, other geocachers can log the coin. Also, I can use the coin as a mileage coin for whenever I have to use the kayak to get to a cache.

Coins and bugs are for fun, so they don't have to be strictly about geocaching.

I love Coins that i can make a nice coin page, so must have lots of info on the front and back

and who made it and why?

and i can place links and phots

with there permission

so all can read and learn about the coin

doing well got about 130 coins, find hard to get much information on the old coins

but sometimes i am luckey

here is one i just love and i have learnt a lot about the coin

British Columbia 2010 Geocoin

enjoy

Labrador Wild man

one day my just let them all go into the World