Cache Finds In All 50 States

First I heard of that...I will have to take a close look at his finds, make sure the "all 50 claim" doesn't hinge on Locationless caches...

I had initially thought about counting locationless caches but my partner said no, only count "locationed" caches in states we've actually visited.

I currently have 41 of the lower 48 states.

Getting the remaining 7 will be tough = ND, SD, MT, ID, UT, OR, & WA

Would be happy to suggest a nice caching route in Utah. We have some good ones this way

I have 4 states down and plan on finishing 50 within 5 years.

I currently have 41 of the lower 48 states.

Getting the remaining 7 will be tough = ND, SD, MT, ID, UT, OR, & WA

In 4 weeks we'll be heading from California to Minnesota over Hwy 5 and Hwy 90. There are only 7 states left in that part of the country which I haven't cached in yet and I plan to get all 7 of them: ND, SD, MT, ID, UT, OR, & WA.

Well, Drat beat me to the punch. I'm planning to grab New Mexico this Sunday, completing the last of the 50 states. Maybe I should start on Europe after that...

Good grief!

I was looking at some of the 'find' dates for CraigInCT....doesn't he have a j-o-b, or is he just independantly wealthy that he can cruise around the US and the world??? WOW...

Not sure about CraigInCT, but looking at JOHNNYCACHEAZ's profile, both he and I have ties to the airline industry. That helps :cry:

We did it! ;) After Woodstock, we swung over to New Mexico to grab the last of the 50 states. The cache was GCGKVM (White's City Madness). We're still on the road, but I'll log my finds soon and will eventually put together a video to comemorate the occasion.

We did it! ;) After Woodstock, we swung over to New Mexico to grab the last of the 50 states. The cache was GCGKVM (White's City Madness). We're still on the road, but I'll log my finds soon and will eventually put together a video to comemorate the occasion.

Congrats on State #50! That's a goal on my list, I'm nowhere close yet but looking forward to it (probably the only thing that could entice me back to certain states which shall remain nameless, lol ;-) ) How long did it take you to do all 50?

WAY TO GO, DAVE!!

I'm proud of my fellow Mississippian...a cacher of integrity who worked (and more to the point, traveled!) hard to achieve this legitimate goal. THIS is how you set/match a record.

-Dave R. in Biloxi

38 visited. 30 cached in. I'm currently quite upset that I will indeed have to re-visit Hawaii to find my first cache there. :laughing:

It helps to have a job that takes me around the US. Otherwise my count would be much lower.

I'm currently thinking about going for the Delorme Challenge here in OK. I'm probably pretty close. KSRenegade was FTF for both the Kansas and Oklahoma Delorme Challenge which I thought was also quite a feat.

If I'd known about Geocaching three years ago, I'd be at 46 of 50 right now, with at least 10 countries!! But Alas... I did not, so I'm only at 10. But since I recently moved to the MD/VA area just outside of DC... I should be able to add a couple more pretty quick :laughing:

We did it! :laughing: After Woodstock, we swung over to New Mexico to grab the last of the 50 states. The cache was GCGKVM (White's City Madness). We're still on the road, but I'll log my finds soon and will eventually put together a video to comemorate the occasion.

Congratulations! What are you going to do now(GCRFNN)?

My user name is Winedign and I completed all 50 States on 5 September 2004.  At the time I was traveling for work as a consultant.  First cache was on AZ and the last was in Alaska about 10 months later...

Edited by Winedign
Correcting final cache find for 50th state in Alaska
On 5/20/2006 at 11:50 PM, The Leprechauns said:

I'm still stuck at 23 states. I am enjoying return visits to states I've previously visited, and don't know when I'll get to some new ones!

I love bumped threads where one of my long-forgotten posts is there for me to read again, years later.  I now have cached in 45 states plus DC.  Finishing all the States is one of my biggest long-term goals.

Another nice thing about bumped threads is using the tools available now that weren't available when the thread started.  Thanks to Project-GC, we know that (as of today) 462 geocachers have claimed smileys in all 50 states plus DC. 

• Upvote 2
14 hours ago, 4wheeler said:

A few years back, a group including alamogul rented a van with unlimited mileage and hit 48 states in 10 days.  A couple of the group flew up to Alaska while in Washington, so they got 49 states in 10 days.

If I form a group of 50 geocachers, one from each state, and everyone goes out on the same to find a cache could I claim that I found caches in 50 states in a single day?  If only a couple in the group actually went to Alaska then those are the only geocachers in the group that found caches in Alaska.  

• Upvote 1

I've been to all 50 states, but I've cached in only 39 of them (plus D.C.). Just came back from an anniversary trip to Hawaii (which was our 50th state)!

If things end up happening like they look like they'll be happening, I should finish up the mainland in the next two years. Then, all that will be left will be a roadtrip to Alaska! B)

I finished my 50 + 1 states in the summer of July of 2014, a little over 12 years after I started caching.  My last state was North Dakota.

Most favorite state: probably Alaska, but there are a lot of wonderful places in many of the states.

Least favorite state: Michigan.  Maybe not the fault of the state, which I barely entered. Maybe someday I will go back and see the nice parts.

16 hours ago, Ambrosia said:

I've been to all 50 states, but I've cached in only 39 of them (plus D.C.). Just came back from an anniversary trip to Hawaii (which was our 50th state)!

If things end up happening like they look like they'll be happening, I should finish up the mainland in the next two years. Then, all that will be left will be a roadtrip to Alaska! B)

Alaska has been on my bucket list for places to visit for a long time.   A road trip would be fun but I'd also consider taking a cruise.  I've only found caches in 29 states and had previously visited 7 others before I started geocaching.  Conversely, before I started geocaching I had only visited 2 countries outside the US but have visited 29 since.  

My goal isn't just to cache in all fifty states, but to get the oldest cache in each state.  I've visited all 50, but Hawaii was before caching.  I have four more oldies (plus DC) in the lower 48, then Alaska (missed during our cruise 11 years back) and Hawaii.  A trip planned for later this year should get those last five in the lower 48, plus caches in the last two Canadian Provinces (NW Territories and Newfoundland/Labrador) that are reasonable to get (Nunavut cost over $800 each to fly into, I just can't see spending that much for Nunavut - Hawaii yes, Nunavut no - just to find a cache).

18 hours ago, The Jester said:

My goal isn't just to cache in all fifty states, but to get the oldest cache in each state.

I like this; I enjoy old caches and new states.  I'm going to try for this as well from now on.  I've informally tried my hand at this but hadn't made it an official plan - for instance, I was concentrating on the OK county and Delorme challenges when we were there and managed to miss out on GC272. 

At least I already have Hawaii in the bag; when I was there on business, I took a day for caching and managed to find GC23.  Not that it would be the worst thing in the world to "have" to go back to Hawaii, mind you...

On 12/28/2017 at 8:56 PM, The Leprechauns said:

Let's cross that bridge when we come to it.

From the Daily Current, an article about a rail tunnel from California to Hawaii:

According to election officials, Proposition 49 — which would use public money to build a 2,600-mile-long undersea rail tunnel between Honolulu and Los Angeles — passed with a resounding 78 percent of the vote.

The tunnel would be 185 times longer than the longest undersea tunnel in the world, the Seikan Tunnel in Japan. The total cost of the project is estimated at $587 billion and barring any court challenges construction is expected to begin in 2018.

A man walking along a California beach was deep in prayer. All of a sudden, he said out loud, "Lord, grant me one wish."

The sunny California sky clouded above his head, and the Lord said, "Because you have tried to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish."

The man said, "Build a bridge to Hawaii so I can drive over anytime I want."

The Lord said, "Your request is very materialistic. Think of the enormous challenges for that kind of undertaking. The supports required to reach the bottom of the Pacific! The concrete and steel it would take over thousands of miles! I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more time and think of another wish, a wish you think would honor and glorify me."

The man thought about it for a long time. Finally he said, "Lord, I wish that I could understand women. I want to know how they feel inside, what they are thinking when they give the silent treatment, why they cry, what they mean when they say "nothing," and how I can make a woman truly happy."

The Lord replied, "You want two lanes or four lanes on that bridge?"

• Upvote 5
14 hours ago, hukilaulau said:

From the Daily Current, an article about a rail tunnel from California to Hawaii:

According to election officials, Proposition 49 — which would use public money to build a 2,600-mile-long undersea rail tunnel between Honolulu and Los Angeles — passed with a resounding 78 percent of the vote.

The tunnel would be 185 times longer than the longest undersea tunnel in the world, the Seikan Tunnel in Japan. The total cost of the project is estimated at $587 billion and barring any court challenges construction is expected to begin in 2018.

https://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/hawaiitrain.asp

I've been to 48 states (net Alaska and North Dakota) altogether and have cached in 30 states plus DC.  This year I should be able to clear off another 7-8 given my work and vacations schedules.  I still think the most impressive geographic feat is Indy Magic Man, who has cached in every county in the lower 48.

https://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=38506752-8242-4728-b40b-749095f99ec2&wid=5dc78bf3-226e-47ce-ad42-50cefd524dc5&ds=2

On 12/27/2017 at 6:16 PM, Winedign said:

My user name is Winedign and I completed all 50 States on 5 September 2004.  At the time I was traveling for work as a consultant.  First cache was on AZ and the last was in Alaska about 10 months later...

Hi,

How cool that you were able to revive an 11+ year old post!
Good for you.

On the bright side however, CONGRATULATIONS to brodiebunch (you know, the OP from 2006?) who in the last 11 years really has managed to visit all 50 states.  I'm jealous, great job!!!!   :-)

9 hours ago, Alkhalikoi said:

I've been to 48 states (net Alaska and North Dakota) altogether and have cached in 30 states plus DC.  This year I should be able to clear off another 7-8 given my work and vacations schedules.  I still think the most impressive geographic feat is Indy Magic Man, who has cached in every county in the lower 48.

https://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=38506752-8242-4728-b40b-749095f99ec2&wid=5dc78bf3-226e-47ce-ad42-50cefd524dc5&ds=2

There is a somewhat regular here that has found caches in over 60 countries.  Last time I looked on project-gc (the page isn't responding now) there were a couple of people that had found caches in over 100 countries.  I've got three more to go until I hit 30 with two planned next month.

On 12/30/2017 at 4:48 AM, NYPaddleCacher said:

On 12/29/2017 at 11:50 AM, Ambrosia said:

Alaska has been on my bucket list for places to visit for a long time.   A road trip would be fun but I'd also consider taking a cruise.  I've only found caches in 29 states and had previously visited 7 others before I started geocaching.  Conversely, before I started geocaching I had only visited 2 countries outside the US but have visited 29 since.  

A cruise would be fun, too. I'd love to do both!