Numbers

Guy in my area has one excellent multi cache. He really doesn't need to ever place another, in my opinion. Another long time high number cacher has 3 excellent multi caches, ditto. Some people aren't real interested in hiding (and in cache maintenance either). Better let them not hide.

I like hiding caches, so I have hidden about 1 cache for every 3 that I've found. I am just about at my limit, in terms of maintenance load, and so may start to retire some of my earlier hides, or the ones that aren't in great spots.

I have caching friends who haven't hidden any caches, that's just no their thing...it's no problem, there's room in this game for people with all sorts of caching tastes and preferences.

I do, however, have an issue with longterm cachers who don't become premium members...they are, IMHO, "hangers on".

Jamie - NFA

When I first started caching, I made a self promise to do 50 finds before hiding...

I have searched and found all types, except for a puzzle cache...From these 48 caches I have found so far I have learned a great deal about contents, hiding styles different containers.....

So with this experience I hope to hide a variety of good caches for the extremest and for those who are physical challeneged...

So its not a "hanger_on" for me, its a matter of gaining experience to make the caching adventure enjoyable..

I have not placed any yet because the really interesting places have been taken. So I have been working on coming up with a neat puzzle or multicache that would be historically interesting.

Hypothetically speaking if a cacher has 50 hides but they are all micros in boring places and his coordinates are always a football field off well then they would be better off not placing them and just be a searcher. Not that I know any like that. :ninja:

I had only found 12 caches when I helped place my first one. But that was because it was in mid 2002, and we had found all the local caches! :ninja:

I now own 31 active caches out of 37, and I'm starting to run up against having a tough time maintaining what I have. Since I have an auto-immune disorder, my strength and interest level has waned in that area. So I don't remember the last time I even thought about placing a cache! I really like what I have placed, however, so I'm doing my best to keep up.

I think some people are placers, some people are finders, and some people are both. That's one of the things that makes this sport so interesting! :)