I Would Like To Get A Email When Someone Else Does Not Aprove A Waymark

As the owner of the South Dakota Historic Markers category I would like to get a email letting me know when one of the other officers does not aprove a waymark. This will give me the chance to look at it too.

As it is now I get a email saying when someone submits a waymark and most of the time I click on it and it has been aproved already along with any others that had already been submited.

Unless I go and click each email I can not see if one was declined.

When there is a bunch of waymark emails saying new ones have been submited instead of clicking on each email I just go to my group page and see if any need to be aproved yet.

Doing it this way does not let me know if one or more was declined.

If one is declide does the owner get a email and a explanation of why it was declined?

I think they do and as the owner of the category I would like to also get a copy of them emails so I can review it too.

As the owner of the South Dakota Historic Markers category I would like to get a email letting me know when one of the other officers does not aprove a waymark. This will give me the chance to look at it too.

As it is now I get a email saying when someone submits a waymark and most of the time I click on it and it has been aproved already along with any others that had already been submited.

Unless I go and click each email I can not see if one was declined.

When there is a bunch of waymark emails saying new ones have been submited instead of clicking on each email I just go to my group page and see if any need to be aproved yet.

Doing it this way does not let me know if one or more was declined.

If one is declide does the owner get a email and a explanation of why it was declined?

I think they do and as the owner of the category I would like to also get a copy of them emails so I can review it too.

I agree that this would be a nice feature.

Although, if you click the link in the email notification, you will see a message that the waymark has been rejected by so-and-so.

In fact, I think it would be helpful for any approval/rejection action by an officer generate an email to all other officers. This would save a lot of time opening email, clicking on links just to find that another officer has already approved/rejected a waymark

What do you guys think about adding a "History" option to your Group page that records each action taken by an Officer...

5/21/06 3:53pm Milbank approved Test Waymark - Comments

5/22/06 10:23am Silverquill denied Fake Waymark - Comments

etc.

This could keep a running tally of reviews over the history of your category. Would you find this useful? Do you have any concerns over other officers reading the comments?

YES!!!!!

It would be so hugely helpful to know WHY a Waymark was Declined... I've seen some get declined and wondered what I missed when I glanced it over. The other thing is I leave it so the Leader can review it, then a day later I get "RESUBMISSION" with no idea what happened.

This would be a big improvement.

:cry: The Blue Quasar

For myself, I don't have any concerns regarding other Officers reading my A/D comments.

You might want to have an auto-delete after 7 days, or similar, or else you might have a huge database of info that is not needed after a certain time.

Additionally, I don't see a real need to comments on Approved Listings... or maybe for just three days.

Lastly, I also think that after a Waymark is Approved, that ONLY a Leader can Decline it after another Officer Approved it. I've had one WM go from Approved to Declined back to Approved and Declined, then I resubmitted, only to have it Declined then ultimately Approved. It was annoying.

Basically the Leader should have a VETO option, to override the other Officers.

:cry: The Blue Quasar

What do you guys think about adding a "History" option to your Group page that records each action taken by an Officer...

etc.

This could keep a running tally of reviews over the history of your category. Would you find this useful? Do you have any concerns over other officers reading the comments?

A history option sounds like a very viable idea!

etc.

Great idea! That would make it a lot easier to see what's happened - and sort out some of the confusion that happens when you have several active group members. As for concerns about having comments visible to other officers - no concerns at all - in fact it's a great idea - if anyone has concerns about their comments being visible to other officers then they shouldn't be making the comments :D