A Good Travel Bug?

tsproing

I've already had one travel bug disappear- it was a cute little stuffed bear. I went out today to try to find something that wasn't too cute, and the only thing that looked remotely promising was matchbox cars. So, what does anyone think? Would a matchbox car make a good TB?

Sounds great to me. I lean towards rubber ducks, but have released a couple matchbox like items that I originally found in a cache.

Here is one of my favorites bugs, when you find it you swap it out. I also recall one that someone cut in half and attached a tag to each end, that goal was to meet up with the other half.

What would be the best way to attach the travel bug tag to a matchbox car?

Sounds great to me. I lean towards rubber ducks, but have released a couple matchbox like items that I originally found in a cache.

Here is one of my favorites bugs, when you find it you swap it out. I also recall one that someone cut in half and attached a tag to each end, that goal was to meet up with the other half.

What would be the best way to attach the travel bug tag to a matchbox car?

Well one option would be to drill a hole and use the chain provided with the travel bug. I've also seen the tags riveted on. Also look for a car that already has an opening that would be good to thread the chain through, like windows. I drilled a hole through one of my daughters, but the other was a bus that had windows that I used to attach the tag.

I drilled a hole through one of my daughters, but the other was a bus that had windows that I used to attach the tag.

Perhaps she'll forgive you some day.

I just released one that I glued the tag to the bottom of the car with a really strong, rubbery adhesive. Kind of like aquarium caulk. I'm getting to like the stuff; it's really strong. I am, however, far too lazy to walk upstairs and see what it's called.

I have a feeling this is going to make the fact that it's a travel bug extremely easy to overlook, but I don't much care with that one.