How Often Do You Cache?

It really varies for me. Sometimes (like now) the bug really gets me and I am out a few times a week. Then at other times it might be more like 2-3 months before I get out (during tax season). I don't go as often as I'd like, but between a tight budget and many other responsibilities it just isn't feasible to be out caching daily.

I don't understand the question???!!??? Don't we all cache full time??

:laughing:

Seriously

Everytime we travel somewhere. At least once a month minimum and if (it rarely happens) a new cache appears within 50 miles of here. (Just about found everthing else (4 yet to do))

I don't understand the question???!!??? Don't we all cache full time??

:laughing:

Seriously

Everytime we travel somewhere. At least once a month minimum and if (it rarely happens) a new cache appears within 50 miles of here. (Just about found everthing else (4 yet to do))

Not really, I mostly only cache with my school class when we go to field trips my parents arn't really into taking me places let alone caching with me

If something that's not too involved/isolated/difficult appears within 15 miles of us, we (usually me, alone or with one or both kids) will go out for it as soon as possible (that day or within a few days if the weather does not permit it sooner). Otherwise, we generally go out on Sundays since it's the only day Whistler doesn't work. Since we have started caching nearly a year ago, I doubt we have gone more than two weeks at most without finding at least one cache. I think the only day I didn't log onto gc.com during the past year was Christmas day!

It varies greatly for me. Sometimes I'll go a few weeks without a find, but sometimes I'll place a cache or two or three during that interval. Other times I'll go a month or two without a hide, but I'll find a dozen or more caches in that period.

I just figured out that I've been caching for 234 weeks and I have 469 finds, so that averages out to 2 finds a week.

Whenever the mood, time and the busy schedules of Team Cotati's star cache hunters allows it. As a matter of fact, weather permitting, The Team has a hankering to hunt that needs relief. Any day now...any day now. And trust me Dudes!! Living in a cache rich area is totally sweet. :rolleyes::laughing::o

Edited by Team Cotati

Well I have been caching for 4 years and have about 30 finds under my account and another 10 or so under a previous account. That pretty much answers the question! :ninja:

I guess, doing the math, that means once per month, but I actually go several times per month and then go months with no caching. If it is hot and buggy, I don't cache. If it is wet or cold (miserable) I don't cache.

So, spring and fall pretty much.

:ph34r::(:(:(:(:(

We cache anytime we can. If we are not in the field hunting, we're home planning a hunt. If it's not the hunt we're after, it's the hide. We are always looking for a good place for our next hide. I pass the time at home off the computer camo'ing containers, cleaning and checking equipment ect...

Basicly we're hopelessly addicted, and can't find a cure. Pathitic ... huh?

Happy Caching

I am such a newbie to this, I have been going out daily. Is it a sign of being hooked by the frog if you go out and cache during your lunch hour? :ph34r: On the weekends, I cache in the morning before it gets too hot down here. I am fortunate to live in a cache rich city and state (Phoenix, Arizona).

Maybe this will change when "the honeymoon is over", but I doubt it. It seems like such a great way to see the country.

Edited by Trizumi

I think I've managed to get out nearly every Saturday and Sunday since I discovered caching, unless I was out of town, deathly ill or the weather was appalling. Not very often other days, though.

And I'm a slowcacher. One or two nice long walks in the early morning is my favorite caching day.

In my dreams I cache every day in many beautiful places in the US and elsewhere

Ideally I'd love to be able to make it out every weekend

Really, this thing called life gets in the way, but we try to make it out at least once a month.

When I'm not geocaching I'm lurking in the forums or doing dream queries "Let's find caches in Paris today!" . I also think about the places I will hide a cache when my time comes (I have three great locations in mind, I just want to find more before hiding any myself).

Great, now I want to go out geocaching instead of finishing this project that is due for work this week. <sigh> :laughing:

One a month. :rolleyes:

No, not "once a month." ONE a month. At this blistering pace, I will still run out of caches before I leave this place.

Unless, of course, someone besides me gets busy and places more caches. I may get lucky enough to average two a month. :(

One a month. :rolleyes:

No, not "once a month." ONE a month. At this blistering pace, I will still run out of caches before I leave this place.

Unless, of course, someone besides me gets busy and places more caches. I may get lucky enough to average two a month. :(

Hang in there, take care, and have a grand time caching when you get home.