The All New Groundspeak Uk Pub Quiz!

Correct! For those who wish to know.

The probability of at least 2 people having a birthday on the same day is:

1 - 365!/(365^n(365-n)!) where n is the number of people. When n >22 the probability goes above 50%.

Even though I got the right answer (my daughter just did this at school) I still find it hard to believe.

You will have to wait until tomorrow for a new question though.

Music quiz time.

Name the theme tune. Download mp3 here

I will only tell you how many you have correct. Not which ones are right.

I think the first one might be Ivor the Engine but it was a bit short to be sure :D

Some of the others were, I think :-

Ski Sunday,

Grandstand,

Ready Steady Cook,

South Bank Show,

Dickson of Dock Green ? (very unsure of this one :P )

The Rockford Files,

I knew those hours spent in front of the TV were going to prove useful one day :smile: A team effect with C getting The Saint and myself getting Gimme Gimme Gimme and Get Smart... not sure how I remembered Get Smart.

Next question:

For the ding, tell me the name of the person who has appeared on British television for more hours than anyone else.

If you are not sure of the name but have ideas about who this person is then please post and I may offer some hints,

Helen

I knew those hours spent in front of the TV were going to prove useful one day :smile: A team effect with C getting The Saint and myself getting Gimme Gimme Gimme and Get Smart... not sure how I remembered Get Smart.

Next question:

For the ding, tell me the name of the person who has appeared on British television for more hours than anyone else.

If you are not sure of the name but have ideas about who this person is then please post and I may offer some hints,

Helen

The girl on the test card. Carole Herse?

Edited by SlytherinAlex

The girl on the test card. Carole Herse?

I thought that would last longer... again :( Since TV went into colour, the girl (and Bubbles the clown) on Test Card F has been on the tele every evening until 24 hour broadcasting became more widespread. It has been suggested that this means she must have been on the tele more than anyone else.

C has what she thinks is a nasty question for next time :huh:

It should be spelt Carole Hersee but I think that is close enough for a ding :smile:

It should be spelt Carole Hersee but I think that is close enough for a ding :smile:

OK, here's one to make you think. I made thisquestion up myself, so the answer may be negotiable, but I THINK i'm pretty sure.

Q. Who/what is the most photographed person/object in the world. Each day - every day.

a.