The All New Groundspeak Uk Pub Quiz!

OK, here's one. Remember - no googling or PAF.

Five players have beaten Eric Bristow in the final of the World Darts Championship. Name any three from five.

a.

Well Eric Bristow is one of the five darts players whos names I know, Andy Fordham is far too recent so I'll guess at the other three:

Bobby George

Jockey Wilson

Phil Taylor

Five players have beaten Eric Bristow in the final of the World Darts Championship. Name any three from five.

a.

Well Eric Bristow is one of the five darts players whos names I know, Andy Fordham is far too recent so I'll guess at the other three:

Bobby George

Jockey Wilson

Phil Taylor

OK, I'll have a go!

Bobby George never won, and Phil Taylor is in the other league, so I'll go with Jockie Wilson, John Lowe, and a possible third is Raymond 'Barney' Barneveld

a.

Bobby George

Jockey Wilson

Phil Taylor

OK, I'll have a go!

Bobby George never won, and Phil Taylor is in the other league, so I'll go with Jockie Wilson, John Lowe, and a possible third is Raymond 'Barney' Barneveld

He is now but he wasn't always (it didn't exist till fairly recently). Bristow sponsored Taylor and Taylor repaid him by beating him in one of the finals :P:rolleyes::rolleyes::lol:

I'll go with Lowe, Taylor and as I can't think of a 3rd I'll also go with Barneveld?

Didn't a qualifier called Dellar beat him in a final in the early eighties? (Keith???) IIRC Eric threw better arrows but t'other bloke got a run of good fortune at the end.

Edit:

Along with Lowe and Taylor?

Edited by rutson

He is now but he wasn't always (it didn't exist till fairly recently). Bristow sponsored Taylor and Taylor repaid him by beating him in one of the finals :lol::rolleyes::rolleyes::P

I'll go with Lowe, Taylor and as I can't think of a 3rd I'll also go with Barneveld?

Right about Taylor. There used to only be the one championship. But you don't have three correct.

Oh dear, I'm old enough that I really ought to remember this.

I'll try Lowe, Dellar and Taylor.

If that's wrong I have another guess up my sleeve.

CORRECT>

complete list =

John Lowe, Keith Deller, Jocky Wilson, Dennis Priestley, Phil Taylor

Okay.

By what name do we know Barbara Millicent Roberts?

Oh dear, I'm old enough that I really ought to remember this.

I'll try Lowe, Dellar and Taylor.

If that's wrong I have another guess up my sleeve.

CORRECT>

complete list =

Okay.

By what name do we know Barbara Millicent Roberts?

I'm thinking Margaret Thatcher as I'm sure that's her maiden name?

complete list =

Errrr. so what was wrong with MY answer??? :-(

ORDER, ORDER, this thread seems to have descended into total anarchy, what are you all on? Rutson got cheated out of the Darts answer, SP is waiting for a ding for Barbie (& I know he's right 'cos I googled it), but we now seem to be on ScouseMouse's question (where did that come from).

I think we all need to have calm down and have a nice mug of cocoa :)

complete list =

Errrr. so what was wrong with MY answer??? :-(

Probably wasn't noticed as it was an edit to your earlier post :)

I've had that happen before so now I just create a new post if I want to edit an answer :blink::(

Here is another small bit of trivia for you all .

What position was held by the first Englishman to touch the ball in the 1966 World Cup final

As this is the only "live" question at the moment :) I'll have a guess :blink:

Was it our Goal Keeper?

(or is it a trick question and it was a ball boy or someone in the crowd? :()

Easy, Barbie!

Well, if my question was in the running Paul has a DING! and possibly a collection of Barbie dolls which is why he knows the answer!

Our ex-prime minister was Margaret Hilda Roberts.

I went by the fact that posts made it look as though I had got the answer first but I am but a poor broken down robot so I may well be mistaken.

Not a trick question but give Nediam a lollipop, yes it was a ballboy

Woo Hoo! "Back of the net!" ;)<_<

I haven't got another question set yet so I'll hand over to Mr Rutson or Mr Simply Paul to let one of them post after they got "missed" yesterday ;):laughing:

If neither of them has posted within the next hour or two, I'll set another one. :laughing:

Not a trick question but give Nediam a lollipop, yes it was a ballboy

But in the final we kicked off first so it would have been Hurst to Peters or Hurst to Hunt, unless you are refering to the first game in the finals competition when we drew 0-0 against Uraguay and then I have not a clue.

A caching answer to this as Benny Hill was in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang but I had no idea who he played but sources close by informs me that it was The Toymaker.

The caching part of this is Link but it appears to have been archived because the owners no longer partake. They even logged it as a find :laughing:

A caching answer to this as Benny Hill was in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang but I had no idea who he played but sources close by informs me that it was The Toymaker.

The caching part of this is Link but it appears to have been archived because the owners no longer partake. They even logged it as a find :laughing:

Wasn't he also the fire chief in "Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines".

Wasn't he also the fire chief in "Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines".

and also the boffin type in the original (Michael Caine) "Italian Job", who liked BIG ladies

PDS edit to say that if this is a "3rd correct reply gets the ding" and I am that ding :laughing: give it to Marty as I am going away for the w/e, Dave

Edited by dodgydaved

and also the boffin type in the original (Michael Caine) "Italian Job", who liked BIG ladies

PDS edit to say that if this is a "3rd correct reply gets the ding" and I am that ding :laughing: give it to Marty as I am going away for the w/e, Dave

Sorry Boss, I already said that one :laughing:;)<_<

Looks like it over to Marty when/if he gets a ding ;)

The official adjudicator (me) gives Marty the Ding for remembering that Benny was in the 1965 'classic' Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines. Well done to the two other contributors for remembering those easier to recall roles, and a Family Fortunes 'Ppht-pphf' to dodgydaved for being late to the party. I hope you had a good weekend away anyway :laughing: