The All New Groundspeak Uk Pub Quiz!

Well both SP & Nediam have picked the right character, but Jerry did speak on occasions, usually in a conspiritational whisper when he was plotting something so I won't give it to Nediam.

And while Mel Blanc did do the voices for the other three, that's not the answer I'm looking for as other voice artists also did them at one time or another, but this fact is related to the answer I'm after.

is Jerry the only one who doesn't have his species in the cartoon name?

Tom & Jerry

Foghorn LEGHORN (which I think is a type of chicken)

Daffy DUCK

Bugs BUNNY

Thanks very much! Sticking with animation, In Disney's The Sword and the Stone, what 8 animals does Madam Mim turn into during her fight with Merlin? I'll tell how many everyone got right, but not which ones!

And I actually had this question in a pub quiz the other week - I think I got 5.

Edited by chizu

I can remember some of the animals ( I think I remember the clip being used on "Screen Test" for the "Observation Round") , but can't remember which wer Merlin & which were Madam Mim so:

Dragon, Hen, Worm, Fox, Rhinoceros, Mouse, Mosquito/Fly

4 right!

I can remember some of the animals ( I think I remember the clip being used on "Screen Test" for the "Observation Round") , but can't remember which wer Merlin & which were Madam Mim so:

Dragon, Hen, Worm, Fox, Rhinoceros, Mouse, Mosquito/Fly

4 right!

Ah! a fox not a wolf :unsure:

(I'm pretty sure a snake is right :P)

Edited by Nediam

I can remember some parts so here goes :P

Definitely a dragon at the end...

Mim also charges at Merlin as a rhino...

I also remember a bit where Merlin becomes a mouse so Mim must have been an elephant...

I am sure Merlin is a worm at some point and Mim then becomes a hen as mentioned above...

I also remember Mim as a fox chasing a Merlin rabbit

Since my mind works with connections and I cannot form the complete sequence thats all I think :unsure:

Helen

I also remember a bit where Merlin becomes a mouse so Mim must have been an elephant...

Helen

Wasn't the Elephant the response to the Rhino, and the Mouse the response to the Elephant? If so then whoever was the Rhino was also the Mouse.

I think Merlin's response to the Rhino was a goat which then charges Mim over the cliff for Mim to become a dragon.

Merlin was definitely the mouse... I have a picture of it in mind and since each looked like their characters even though they were changing into different animals I am fairly certain.

Was there a crocodile in there somewhere?

Helen

Wasn't the Elephant the response to the Rhino, and the Mouse the response to the Elephant? If so then whoever was the Rhino was also the Mouse.

I think Merlin's response to the Rhino was a goat which then charges Mim over the cliff for Mim to become a dragon.

Merlin was definitely the mouse... I have a picture of it in mind and since each looked like their characters even though they were changing into different animals I am fairly certain.

.........................and a microbe :unsure::P

Dragon, Hen, worm, Fox, Rhinoceros, Mouse, Mosquito/Fly, snake, tiger,

I know one of them was the worm, & the other was the hen, but still not sure which, so might have to work that one out later.

6 out of 8 (but thats sneaky guessing 9 :blink: )

I can remember some parts so here goes :ph34r:

Definitely a dragon at the end...

I am sure Merlin is a worm at some point and Mim then becomes a hen as mentioned above...

I also remember Mim as a fox chasing a Merlin rabbit

Since my mind works with connections and I cannot form the complete sequence thats all I think :blink:

Helen

5 out of 5!

Helen

3 out of 8 listed here.

Dragon, Elephant, Rhino, Fox, Hen, Snake, Tiger, Crocodile

That's a Ding for Simply Paul - well done! For those of you interested, the complete battle goes as follows:

* Mim becomes a crocodile and bites off Merlin's tail after he has changed from a tortoise into a rabbit.

* Mim then turns into a fox and chases Merlin into a tree trunk, where he turns into a caterpillar and slithers out.

* Mim then turns into a chicken and pecks Merlin so he is catapulted into the sky, and turns into a walrus.

* Mim is crushed by Merlin; she reacts by turning into an elephant, but Merlin then turns into a mouse and scares her away.

* Mim turns into a tiger and re-appears, landing on the ground and creating a massive hole.

* Mim then turns into a snake and goes to bite Merlin, only to bite herself after Merlin thinks quickly and gets away.

* Mim then disappears into a hole in the ground and Merlin intimidates her after turning into a crab.

* Mim then becomes a rhino and proceeds to smash Merlin against a tree, only for him to jump off and turn into a goat.

* Mim is wedged through a tree at the top of a cliff, and Merlin charges into her and she falls off the cliff into the water.

* Mim turns into a dragon - "Did I say no purple dragons? Did I?' - and Merlin runs away, turning back into a mouse. Mim then captures Merlin between her hands and appears to have won, but she then hears Merlin telling her that he is a germ - and that she caught him!

* Back at Mim's house, Merlin tells her that her illness is not too serious and that in a few weeks should be "as good - I mean, as bad - as ever".

I reckon she's best known for being Jeremy clarksons mum <_<
This wasn't one of those 'the answer's in the question' questions! Handicrafts is closer still, but it's something very specific. There's a cache related to it in London, if that helps?

Didn't Clarkson work for his parents selling Paddington bears? That would have a London cache connection

Helen

Changing things a bit...

We recently did our 500th cache and decided to do one of the highly rated caches on GCUK (I wont say which one). We had a need to visit the grave of Jerome K Jerome, he who wrote "Three men in a boat". As you would expect, on the grave stone was his middle name and it was duly noted for such an occasion as this <_<

For the ding, what does the K stand for?

Edited by T-girls

....I got this funny feeling:

Kern

:)<_<:D

edit: Told you it was a funny feeling, I was thinking of jerome Kern the singer/songwriter/showboater :o:D

'Fraid not

I am surprised noone has gone for any of the obvious names :D

Trying to put people off the scent T-girls? (I set this question in a quiz last year so won't reveal the 'obvious' answer...)

Pete

... (I set this question in a quiz last year so won't reveal the 'obvious' answer...)

Pete

Go on then, tell all & you get to try out another one of your quiz questions on us.

I don't think it's "good form", feels a bit like cheating. Give you a clue though - it starts with K.... <_<

Well, his father was Jerome Clapp Jerome, and JKJ's middle name is similar... but that's not it. I think the K comes from the name of a family friend.

The latter is correct Paul :D His middle name comes from a Hungarian general's surname who was staying with the family when JKJ was born.

Someone give the answer... I'm off home to bed <_<