The All New Groundspeak Uk Pub Quiz!

Another dingette for Eric Prydz - Call On Me, so it'll be the person with the right song title for Johnny Cash who gets the Ding! Plus there's a bonus ding available if you can spot a caching connection between them :)

Jonny Cache "ne" Cash track must be Hurt ??

Link:

Hurt = Brambles and Nettles etc.

Call on me = PAF "Phone a Friend"

Video Killed the Radio Star = Webcam caches

Sledgehammer = to open rusty old Ammo Cans?

I'd never make it on "Have I got News for You"...

Good enough for a Ding!

A bit tenuous perhaps, but...

Johnny 'Cache' - Hurt (Brambles?)

Eric Prydz - Call On Me (PAF)

Buggles (Muggles with a cold) - Video Killed The Radio Star

Peter Gabriel (Named after one of the reviewers? They're angels, of course! :) :)) - Sledgehammer.

I thought my version was bad! :)

Anyway back to sport...

in 2 parts.

Who won the "Team of the Year" award at the recent BBC SPOTY awards (Sports Personality of the Year)?

and

Who won the "Coach of the Year" award?

Cheers

Dave

Good enough for a Ding!

Peter Gabriel (Named after one of the reviewers? They're angels, of course! :) :)) - Sledgehammer.

Anyway back to sport...

in 2 parts.

Who won the "Team of the Year" award at the recent BBC SPOTY awards (Sports Personality of the Year)?

and

Cheers

Dave

oooo i know one ! St Helens Rugby League side and their coach, Dan Anderson.

Good enough for a Ding!

Anyway back to sport...

in 2 parts.

and

Cheers

Dave

oooo i know one ! St Helens Rugby League side and their coach, Dan Anderson.

C'mon you Saints!

Ding...over to you.

OK...... what connects the films Batman and Spiderman, apart from them both being superhero/comicbook adaptations?

Both had the same composer/musician do the theme/background music? If so, I'll guess at John Williams (he seems to do most movie tunes stuff :) )

Edit:-

Or how about they've both had cartoon series, Live action (bad) TV series, and films done on them? (But then again that also fits with The Hulk :) )

Edited by Nediam

OK...... what connects the films Batman and Spiderman, apart from them both being superhero/comicbook adaptations?

Both had the same composer/musician do the theme/background music? If so, I'll guess at John Williams (he seems to do most movie tunes stuff :) )

Edit:-

Or how about they've both had cartoon series, Live action (bad) TV series, and films done on them? (But then again that also fits with The Hulk :) )

It's nothing to do with the genre of film or who was in it or was involved in making it.

both where adapted from animations..or both are half animal half man....or both wear strange clothes!....all just guess work...i know nothing! :D

haha nope - so far we have what links the films Batman, Spiderman and the Bourne Identity. If you can't get it after this clue you should be certified!

....certified!......

Hmmm, I think that Batman was the first film to be certified a 12 so I'm guessing that the others may have been the first films to get certified with new ratings? (don't know what ratings though) :D

or...

Have they had there certificate ratings changed at the last minute?

or...

Was "certified!" not the clue? :D

both where adapted from animations..or both are half animal half man....or both wear strange clothes!....all just guess work...i know nothing! :D

haha nope - so far we have what links the films Batman, Spiderman and the Bourne Identity. If you can't get it after this clue you should be certified!

I remember this...well at least I remember the problems surounding the release of Spiderman as I think it was released as a 12 so my little lad wasn't allowed to see it.

I'd say they were all re-classified 12A.

Cheers

Dave

Near enough - DING!

Batman was indeed the first film to be certified a 12. Spiderman had it's rating changed from a 12 to a 12A after complaints that kids couldn't see it and The Bourne Identity was the first film to get a 12A certificate. Over to you Mars Bars!!

It's fairly obviously in Iceland, and I imagine that what happened next is that the natural arch collapsed and judging by the colour of the photo and the clothing of the person in shot it was probably somewhere like the late 1980s. As to the name I would guess lávæbríggdotirfoss :D

It is in Iceland and I have stood on that natural basalt bridge.... :D

...it did collapse 12 months later... :D nothing t do with me...honest.

Just need the year it collapsed for a ding!

This is what it looks like now

waterfalls.jpg

Edited to correct my abysmal spelling :D

Edited by The Mars Bars

I had a figure in mind (4,400, I'd been told) but a bit of online research tells me the figure is somewhere between that and 6000. SO! Here's a question with an answer that's a bit more substantial. If you wanted to do the Six Peaks Challenge, climbing the highest points of England, Wales, Scotland, The Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland and the next highest point not on the mainland of any of those countries, but still in the general area of Britain and Ireland, where would you need to go?