The All New Groundspeak Uk Pub Quiz!

DING!

I should add a little to this,

originally 6x9=42 was used in the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. When later confronted by fans with the above answer, Douglas Adams replied: nobody writes jokes in base 13 [...] I may be a pretty sad person, but I don't make jokes in base 13.

So Here's my first question:

On what Two factors does the physical value known as the gamma factor depend on?

And also for a bonus point what is the value of the known one of these?

That'll be the speed of light, and the velocity at which the object is traveling.

Speed of light being 300,000,000 metres per second.

DING

Correct answer StuartP! :unsure:

And You got the bonus marks... This factor is used in many equations relating to objects travelling near to that of the speed of light, and is used in the explaintion of events such as time dialation and the contraction of objects at high speed.

Over to you StuartP...

Before he formed the Scout movement Baden Powell used to scout out enemy fortresses under the pretext of being a entymologist - he would draw detailed maps of the defenses and disguise them as pictures of butterflies! I think... :laughing:

Edited by The Golem

Who is the most famous person to have come from Keynsham, nr Bristol. I'll spell that - K E Y N S H A M.

And what was he famous for?

EDIT:

Having thought about this, I suppose fame is a bit subjective. So to narrow it down, the correct person is more connected with football than cricket. So that rules out Marcus Trescothick.

Edited by SlytherinAlex

Who is the most famous person to have come from Keynsham, nr Bristol. I'll spell that - K E Y N S H A M.

And what was he famous for?

EDIT:

Having thought about this, I suppose fame is a bit subjective. So to narrow it down, the correct person is more connected with football than cricket. So that rules out Marcus Trescothick.

Heh Heh,

Got to be .........Horace Bachelor :P:laughing::P:laughing: and his infra draw pools (?) method :D:ph34r:

....and that dates both of us Alex :ph34r::D

Heh Heh,

Got to be .........Horace Bachelor :laughing::laughing::laughing::huh: and his infra draw pools (?) method :):blink:

....and that dates both of us Alex :wacko::wacko:

DING......

I knew that only an old fart would know that one.

I only knew it because my grandad told me. :wacko::wacko:

Apparently Keynsham is also the home of the Cadbury's Cream Egg.

... and the name of the best Bonzo Dog album, on my player at this very moment.

a.

Edited by SlytherinAlex