The All New Groundspeak Uk Pub Quiz!

You know, the bigger problem is thinking of another question if you get it right...

Does this imply that the question has been asked before ? I had a moment of doubt, but insufficient time to check back through the over 1000 posts :P

If it has, accept my apologies and feel free to ask another.

civilised

You know, the bigger problem is thinking of another question if you get it right...

Does this imply that the question has been asked before ? I had a moment of doubt, but insufficient time to check back through the over 1000 posts :P

If it has, accept my apologies and feel free to ask another.

civilised

No, no, I think I know, but I struggle over thinking of good questions.

Easy, put 6 in each pan. One end goes down. Dump the other end's marbles.

Put 3 in each pan. One end goes down. Dump the other end's marbles.

Put one in each pan. If the scales sit level, the heavy one's in your hand. If one end goes down, that's your target marble.

No, the marble MAY be lighter

Easy, put 6 in each pan. One end goes down. Dump the other end's marbles.

Put 3 in each pan. One end goes down. Dump the other end's marbles.

Put one in each pan. If the scales sit level, the heavy one's in your hand. If one end goes down, that's your target marble.

No, the marble MAY be lighter

Well just dump the other ends marbles then! :P

Ah, I see... yes. Ok, here's how you do it :P

Put three in each pan. If it's level, get rid of them. If not, take one out of each side. If it tilts... err.. um... The best I can come up with gives you two marbles, one will be heavier than the other, but you won't know which is the 'special' one and which is the same as the rejected 10. I need some water and a dry biscuit to aid concentration...

Just been going through the questions and came across the calcium one, since when is calcium a metal?

AFAIK since the Periodic Tabler was ratified:

"The elements of Group 2, the Alkaline Earth Metals, are:

symbol electron configuration

beryllium Be [He]2s2

magnesium Mg [Ne]3s2

calcium Ca [Ar]4s2

strontium Sr [Kr]5s2

barium Ba [Xe]6s2

radium Ra [Rn]7s2 "

:P:blink:

Logic puzzle.

You have 12 marbles. One of these marbles is slightly heavier or lighter than the others.

You have a two pan balance.

You are allowed to weigh three times.

How do you find the marble that differs in weight?

As I was given the puzzle Andy. You also have to determine wether the odd marble is lighter or heavier than the others. Otherwise the problem is much easier. I solved this one a long time ago but it would take to long to sketch out the procedure.