Mapsend Direct Route V1.0 V. V3.0(dvd)

3.0 built in the USB communications for the Explorist, so you don't need a second applet to transfer waypoints or maps. But the copy protection scheme is even more restrictive (a single copy of the program requires a single GPS and a single computer). Even though I have an Explorist, I'm sticking with 1.0.

3.0 built in the USB communications for the Explorist, so you don't need a second applet to transfer waypoints or maps. But the copy protection scheme is even more restrictive (a single copy of the program requires a single GPS and a single computer). Even though I have an Explorist, I'm sticking with 1.0.

Not entirely true. I was able to load the software on multiple computers by a simple registry hack.

---------- Addition #6

The Exit / Route number or Street name does not appear on my Meridian Color when traveling on a limited access highway and using the street to street go to function. Secondary roads are OK. Ed: This is a regression from V1/V2 and ultimately caused Skramblr such frustration that he returned the product.

From the link above.

Am I crazy (hehe, like my name) or does this mean that that for navigation, v3 is just not as good as v1?

I like my v1... I'll be doing some driving the weekend, so I'll let you folks know what I think.

:laughing: Pete

Not entirely true. I was able to load the software on multiple computers by a simple registry hack.

I didn't think the problem was loading it onto different computers but was being able to upload it to different receivers. I wasn't aware that you couldn't load to say both your laptop and PC. Was this an issue as well? Does the registry hack allow the DR3 to be uploaded to more than 1 GPSr?

I didn't think the problem was loading it onto different computers but was being able to upload it to different receivers. I wasn't aware that you couldn't load to say both your laptop and PC. Was this an issue as well? Does the registry hack allow the DR3 to be uploaded to more than 1 GPSr?

Not sure. When the software is loaded by going through the UNLOCK process, a binary file is written to the registry that begins with the GPSr ser. #. Not sure whether you can substitute a different GPSr serial and run the program. Wasn't able to test this before switching to a 60Cx.

---------- Addition #6

The Exit / Route number or Street name does not appear on my Meridian Color when traveling on a limited access highway and using the street to street go to function. Secondary roads are OK. Ed: This is a regression from V1/V2 and ultimately caused Skramblr such frustration that he returned the product.

From the link above.

Am I crazy (hehe, like my name) or does this mean that that for navigation, v3 is just not as good as v1?

I like my v1... I'll be doing some driving the weekend, so I'll let you folks know what I think.

:rolleyes: Pete

Not insane! That bug is a rather serious flaw...unless you rarely drive interstates (show of hands, please?). :laughing:

Trying to use on Explorist and Meridian color, 2 computers and 2 file systems

Explorist uses .imi files and Meridian uses .img files. How to do both load on computors and upload files to unit. Have SD card so can load to that if easier.

Trying to use on Explorist and Meridian color, 2 computers and 2 file systems

Explorist uses .imi files and Meridian uses .img files. How to do both load on computors and upload files to unit. Have SD card so can load to that if easier.

You'll want to use the SD card for the Meridian, as you need to change the name of the file from the default to allow for multiple files. Details are in the FAQs in my sig line.

Once you hook up the Explorist in data transfer mode, you can use MapSend Manager or even Windows Explorer to move map files to the detail maps folder.

Edit: just saw in your other post that you are using v3. You should be able to send maps to the Explorist while in DirectRoute itself. The instructions I gave above were for older versions. I'm not sure with the newer interface if my Meridian instructions would necessarily apply, either, so take my advice with a few grains of salt.

Also...if v3, you'll need two program licenses, too.

Edited by embra