The More Maps The Slower It Gets?

I haven't noticed any slowdown myself but my maps are using only 50% of a 256 meg card at the moment. I can imagine though that the speed would drop-off slightly depending on card size and amount of space used for the mapping.

Olar

Exactly what do you notice during autorouting? For me, the only thing I've noticed sometimes is that the screen has a slight delay in showing the details on the very top of the screen (rest of screen is ok but top 1/8th of screen is briefly blank before it gets filled in). This is mostly when you are moving along at highway speeds and when zoomed way in.

Have you seen this?

I just downloaded a bunch of maps & topo into my garmin csx and noticed its a tad slower retrieving information and in the auto-routing anyone else seem to notice this or is it just me?

You're correct about that. I have the 1GB chip installed and my system has gotten to a point that it takes a while for the cursor to move when choosing options in the FIND area. When you choose, say restaurants, it does take a LOT longer than it did with the 64meg chip. It's frustrating at times because I think the system is locked up, but it's waiting for the data to catch up.