Loaded 2.71 On 76cx. Finds Birds After Tunnel.

Loaded 2.71 beta on my 76cx last night. Drove through cross-town tunnel this morning, as always I get a message saying "Lost satellite reception." This used to mean shutdown and reboot to reacquire satellites at the exit of the tunnel. Today satellites were reacquire just as I exited the tunnel. Tried again on the way back. Same results. Satellites are reacquire immediately upon exiting tunnels. Very happy :laughing::laughing:

My one question on the new software is the statement "Add ability to put unit into USB mass storage mode via the interface setup page to facilitate copying track files from data card to PC." So I get the device on my Mac. Now what? All my maps seem to show up as one file. Can someone explain. Oh and I must shut down the unit to regain GPS functionality.

The track log seems to be stuck in the off position. I can toggle between off & on, but the on position can't be accepted. So no tracks. :laughing: But maybe it has to do with the fact that I've turned of GPS while in the house? I'll have to check.

Loaded 2.71 beta on my 76cx last night. Drove through cross-town tunnel this morning, as always I get a message saying "Lost satellite reception." This used to mean shutdown and reboot to reacquire satellites at the exit of the tunnel. Today satellites were reacquire just as I exited the tunnel. Tried again on the way back. Same results. Satellites are reacquire immediately upon exiting tunnels. Very happy :laughing::laughing:

My one question on the new software is the statement "Add ability to put unit into USB mass storage mode via the interface setup page to facilitate copying track files from data card to PC." So I get the device on my Mac. Now what? All my maps seem to show up as one file. Can someone explain. Oh and I must shut down the unit to regain GPS functionality.

The track log seems to be stuck in the off position. I can toggle between off & on, but the on position can't be accepted. So no tracks. :lol: But maybe it has to do with the fact that I've turned of GPS while in the house? I'll have to check.

Thats great they fixed the issue in the tunnels :laughing:

You said that there is only one map file which is how it should be. When you send the maps to the GPS, it unlocks them for the GPS then compiles them into a single file for upload (not quite sure why, probably so it can be encoded and not used on other GPS devices). This means there is one large file for ALL the map sets you load onto the GPS.

The track log seems to be stuck in the off position. I can toggle between off & on, but the on position can't be accepted. So no tracks. :lol: But maybe it has to do with the fact that I've turned of GPS while in the house? I'll have to check.

Thats great they fixed the issue in the tunnels :laughing:

You said that there is only one map file which is how it should be. When you send the maps to the GPS, it unlocks them for the GPS then compiles them into a single file for upload (not quite sure why, probably so it can be encoded and not used on other GPS devices). This means there is one large file for ALL the map sets you load onto the GPS.

You didn't say so I'll ask, did you have WAAS enabled or not?

Yep, that's how all the USB based Garmin units work. There's just one single compiled .img file.

One way you can use the new USB Finder mounting feature is to back up all the files on the microSD card onto your Mac, even create different map sets and save each of their .img files onto your Mac. And when the situation arises, it's so much faster to just directly copy the .img file b/n the Mac and the microSD card, bypassing Mapsource.

the exit of the tunnel. Today satellites were reacquire just as I exited the tunnel. Tried again on the way back. Same results. Satellites are reacquire immediately upon exiting tunnels. Very happy :D:D

You'll find that it'll still lose the satellites every now and then when exiting the tunnel. I would say it happens maybe 20% of the time.