Gsak On My Home Computer & My Laptop

technophobe here once again! :laughing:

Hubby bought a laptop today, mainly for his bits and bobs but we will be taking it with us when we go camping because then we can check cache pages etc while away, rather than looking on my Palm Vx and realising that I don't have the necessary pics, poems, etc etc

So, the question is, am I able to run my Gsak program from both my home computer and my laptop. i'm not worried about internet connection just yet, I just want to be able to sit in the caravan the night before planning the following days caches from the offline info, and then of course bookmarking them on my palm for when I go out. :laughing:

Two Ways.....

To copy all files and all settings use the 'File' ----'Backup' option. Then simply on laptop use the 'File'-----'restore' option.

To Just copy all the databases goto where GSAK resides on the computer... normally c:\program files\GSAK and copy the contents of the folder 'data'. Open the same folder on the laptop and put the copied files in the c:\program files\GSAK\DATA there nad you will have an instant copy of GSAK and contents on the secong pc.

Dave

Question much along the same line.

I'm getting a new computer soon,

(windows 98SE is finding it very hard to cope with GSAK, Broadband and wireless, keeps crashing.)

I want to put GSAK on the new computer (XP)

Tried going to the GSAK page to get my reg number but no luck as I've changed my e-mail address since I registered.

Anyway of finding reg number in GSAK files/folders stored on computer ? eg windows, programme files etc.

Any help from you techs would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Tried going to the GSAK page to get my reg number but no luck as I've changed my e-mail address since I registered.

Anyway of finding reg number in GSAK files/folders stored on computer ? eg windows, programme files etc.

Why not try emailing Clyde directly and explain your situation. If you give him your old email address I'm sure he could help you.