Congratulations Threads

It probably won't make the slightest difference, but - do you like congrats threads, do you dislike them or are you mystified as to why everyone gets so riled about them? :smile:

A simple "like" "dislike" or "don't care, whats all the fuss about!" will suffice... :)

I look forward to your comments...

Edited to add: This vote is open to members and non-members alike! :D

Edited by The Golem
It probably won't make the slightest difference, but - do you like congrats threads, do you dislike them or are you mystified as to why everyone gets so riled about them? :smile:

A simple "like" "dislike" or "don't care, whats all the fuss about!" will suffice... :)

I look forward to your comments...

Edited to add: This vote is open to members and non-members alike! :D

I would like to see something like this used.

I dont want any nasty emails from someone who disagree's with me.

Like - keeps me up to date on how many caches the likes of Alibags, Bekandian and bones1 are up to.

I propose we have a vote about the continued ranting about congratulations threads. At the moment there are more complaints threads (including this one) than congrats threads. One of these types of thread is negative, one is positive.

Like - keeps me up to date on how many caches the likes of Alibags, Bekandian and bones1 are up to.

I propose we have a vote about the continued ranting about congratulations threads. At the moment there are more complaints threads (including this one) than congrats threads. One of these types of thread is negative, one is positive.

Please keep this thread on topic - it is not a complaints thread, merely an attempt to find out what people think about congratulations threads... :smile:

The Congratulations themselves are fine and dandy but would much prefer that there was a sub-thread that you chose to go and look at.

If I have an objection it is that really Congratulations must be an all or nothing thing; otherwise they do end up a bit like "Heathers". Yi know like its so I congratulate you yaa and you congratulate me.

What about those cachers who reach significant numbers with no congratulations. It is OK talking about reaching your first 100 in four days but in some areas it could be hard work reaching 50 or even 25. Check out these cachers and tell me when they should be sent congratulations; I would think that even a 5 or 10 might be appropriate. That being said if anyone needs congratulating its the likes of Mr Nibbler who is posting congratulations for some of these unsung heros. :smile:

In conclusion I'm for Congratulations as long as they are inclusive of the whole GB caching community. But I would prefer a Congratulations sub-thread.

Definitely "LIKE" them

Also Baffled why they are such a sore point.

Come on people, they are a positive thread. Enjoy them or ignore them, DON'T moan about them - it's not worth it (and it's not very sporting :smile::) )

Don' care.

Don't read the pinned ones -FAR too many to go through.

At least here they go down the list after a week, to drop off the threads...

Half interested to see names I recognise -from the forums, and caches we've found, cache setters and finders - to see how well we're doing!

G

Like.

Positive feedback, credit where credit's due etc.

I'm also digging the moaners. I mostly read this forum to chuckle at the dafties.

I'm sorry. I meant to say that I enjoy reading comments from all points of view as it makes for a well-rounded and informed perspective.

:smile:

I'd agree - if they could be put into a separate part of the UK section that would be perfect as not everyone chooses to use Firefox and can block them. I see this is not possible at this time, but in an ideal world...

Having said that, I do enjoy reading them and seeing other's achievements. I'm happy they stay, as long as people continue to make the topic title obvious, including the name of the team being congratulated so I can ignore the thread if I so wish.

I dont dislike them, but I do think they clutter up the board at times.

We like them.

But what I personally dislike is this constantly recycled debate ......for me this gets very boring .

It looks as if the result is going the same way as it has done in the past, but it seems that some aren't happy to go along with the majority vote. It's a shame after all the negative things that have happened on the forums recently, that good wishes and congratulations are regarded as a nuisance :laughing: .

Don't like 'em - particularly when they bump everyone else's contribution to the forum out of sight under a hail of mass mutual back slapping.

It is frustrating to watch your own pride and joy thread continually dumped off the front page into obscurity. I reckon it is this aspect that causes the fuss rather than some of the less attractive traits used to label those that do not enjoy these innocent pastimes.

...but we always use Firefox and the brilliant magic cross solution to banish them from our screen.

So, to summarise - it's clear that a small minority of cachers would like to keep congratulations threads for their own nefarious purposes, while the overwhelming majority of sensible cachers would like to see them disappear. :laughing:

Thanks for your votes, thread closed (again) :laughing: