Great News!

Welcome aboard Deceangi :ninja:

For those still puzzled about an identity, try this....

Go to Deceangis' profile and you will see that Lactodorums' name has been misspelt each time ("Lactodurum", rather than "Lactodorum").

Then go to the UK Forum front page (where it shows the list of topics) and type the incorrect spelling in the search box at the bottom of the page.

It will bring up all the threads where this spelling has been used.

Check out who the main culprit is and then check the location and avatar :D

Is it Gralorn then ?? :D

Has anyone told him ? :)

civilised

Go to Deceangis' profile and you will see that Lactodorums' name has been misspelt each time ("Lactodurum", rather than "Lactodorum").

Now I am pleased to say (if you are correct) that this catcher made it to my short list because Purple Pineapple mentioned them in the Podcast recorded in reading. The reason why I dismissed them is because I thought they were a southerner and Deceangi was an extreme northerner. Hay ho.

Congratulations by the way.

Edited by alistair_uk

Now I am pleased to say (if you are correct) that this catcher made it to my short list because Purple Pineapple mentioned them in the Podcast recorded in reading. The reason why I dismissed them is because I thought they were a southerner and Deceangi was an extreme northerner. Hay ho.

Congratulations by the way.

You've got me intrigued :P please tell me more :P

Deceangi :P

You've got me intrigued :P please tell me more :P

For PP to get it so quickly they had to have a close link to you, hence the short listing.

The statement “anybody who lives south of the Scottish border is a Southerner” made me think Scot. You (or the you who I now believe you are more to the point) have a connecting to PP who are southerners, and I presume (perhaps wrongly) you are a southerner as well.

Sorry Alistair :P nope I'm not Scottish (a lovely country that it is) and I definably ain't, I repeat ain't a soft southener :P. Here's a clue for that only you can know :P

We have exchanged emails and spoken on the phone, but have never meet in person :P

Deceangi

16 hours and 20 minutes to the formal outing :P

Welcome aboard Deceangi :P

Then go to the UK Forum front page (where it shows the list of topics) and type the incorrect spelling in the search box at the bottom of the page.

Check out who the main culprit is and then check the location and avatar :ph34r:

Oh no.... Just what we need... A dyslexic reviewer :ph34r::ph34r:;)

Welcome aboard Deceangi :P

Check out who the main culprit is and then check the location and avatar :P

Oh no.... Just what we need... A dyslexic reviewer :ph34r::D:P

Hey :) it's not my fault :ph34r: that spell checkers don't have the very very important Geocaching words ;) . I've sent a strongly worded complaint to the program writer over not including MR Lactodorum's name. Saying that it is a total disgrace :ph34r:

2 hours 12 minutes to go

Edited by Deceangi

Ok I'll explain the clues first (for those who don't know)

Deceangi (one of several spellings) was a Celtic tribe at the time of the Roman invasion, located in North Wales. Clwyd/Gwynedd. That puts my location as North Wales.

"But am I actually from North Wales?" Not originally as you will see from my alter ego :ph34r:

I'm a tough old bird with a flame proof skin, this was referring to a phrase from my birth location, but the clever ones realised that it also refered to Dragons, my alter egos avatar.

As to who I am?

Mancunian Pyrocacher :ph34r:

Congratulation to all those who worked it out and many thanks for all the support you've given me :ph34r:

Deceangi ;)

Girlies should know Quality over Quantity any day of the week. :ph34r:

Meaning? We all play the game the way we want to play it. How would you know if you did a good cache if you don`t have a point of reference which comes from finding varied types of caches. If you don`t have a point of reference, how would you know if it was a quality cache?

Pengy

He/she is an experienced cacher based in the UK

I`m sorry I thought you said an experienced cacher? Surely that has to be someone who`s done more that say 500 caches?

Pengy

Not seeing a smiley I assume you are making a serious point so I will answer in a similar vein.

You define an experienced cacher as someone who has done more than 500 caches. So 499 finds, a rookie, one more find and "Bing"! - now you know what you're doing.

In my view, and in the view of Groundspeak who vet and approve all new reviewers, and in the opnion of all the other reviewers around the world who also get a chance to comment, Dave encapsulates enough qualities to make him an excellent addition to the reviewing team. Maybe he has "only" done 300 odd caches but I really don't see that as a problem. He has also been involved in negotiations with landowners and has organised a number of events. He has been a cacher for nearly 4 years, not long possibly but in geocaching terms that makes him an "old timer".

I am totally confident in his ability to do the "job". I trust you will find my confidence well placed as time goes on.