Magellan Meridian Color Map Question.

Hi,

I have a Magellan Meridian Color and the MapSend Topo CD...

My question is, how will (if at all) my on-road navigation abilities with this GPS change if I had the MapSend Streets CD? The Topo has streets, but doesn't seem to work right.

If I had the MapSend Streets, would I get turn-by-turn directions, etc, or am I missing something?

Sorry for the newbie questions, but I really want to get this thing working for things outside of Geocaching...

Thanks,

Pete

Pete,

If you have the Mapsend Direct Route, you will get turn by turn directions. You create map subsets just like you do now with the Mapsend Topo program. When you have a Direct Route map loaded in your GPS and press goto, it will then ask if you want a point to point, or Street route. I believe you need to upgrade the firmware for the unit (available on Magellan Website) to version 5.4

Good Luck

Flattie

...and just to add to the other half of that question, MapSend Streets won't give you much of anything that you don't have in Topo. Besides the contour data, the two programs have different POI data...Streets would have stuff like hotels and gas stations...all of it very dated by now. The street data is identical, I think.