Gatlinburg Caches (again)...

My family and I are going on vacation in July. Need some suggestions on caches in the Gatlinburg area. I did a search on the forums here, but I have another thing to add...

I need some caches that the kids will enjoy. Their ages are 15, 11, and 8 (all three girls). The youngest one, "Pup", doesn't enjoy bushwhacking much. She will do some light hiking, but that's about it. So, can anyone suggest some kid-friendly caches? I'm not too interested in the micros in town. Thanks in advance!

There was one I found at a really interesting mill with a working water wheel. I will look over those I've found there and give you some suggestions of those on the main strip. They are tough to get with all the muggle activity. There's also numerous caches off the Gatlinburg exit (407) that are relatively easy, including a TB hotel if you have any to trade out.

My wife and I just got back from Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg yesterday. It was a caching trip for us. There are a lot of in town micros. And also a lot of little parks we didn't know about. Most of the parks have micros, but there were a few with regular sized containers. Watch out for poison oak! It's everywhere up there right now. We had to pass on one TB hotel up there because it was supposedly in a ditch near a roadway, the ditch was solid poison oak! My guess is, the cache was hidden in the wintertime.

I went back through my Gatlinburg finds last night. These are the regular sized caches that I really liked that are very kid-friendly near Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.

GCMK7Y Welcome to Bear Country (in Pigeon Forge)

GCJ9MZ Wiley Oakley (between Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge)

GCD97A Ogle Cache (in Gatlinburg)

GCQYGV Apple Valley (this one is a small container that can hold coins, but should still be a fun hunt for the kids located in Pigeon Forge)

GCJMDE Sevier Park and Find (This one is a micro, but it's in a really nice park in Pigeon Forge)

Hope this helps.

I went back through my Gatlinburg finds last night. These are the regular sized caches that I really liked that are very kid-friendly near Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.

GCMK7Y Welcome to Bear Country (in Pigeon Forge)

GCJ9MZ Wiley Oakley (between Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge)

GCD97A Ogle Cache (in Gatlinburg)

GCQYGV Apple Valley (this one is a small container that can hold coins, but should still be a fun hunt for the kids located in Pigeon Forge)

GCJMDE Sevier Park and Find (This one is a micro, but it's in a really nice park in Pigeon Forge)

Hope this helps.

Also just got back from a week up in Gatlinburg and all those caches mentioned above with the exception of Wiley I found and they are all really great trade type caches, with of course the one micro, now if your just looking for park-grab-sign and go, head out toward the Bass Pro Shop that area has a lot, more trade like caches, the ones above are great.

If you plan to come in on 321 there is one at a small welcome center in Carson also that is a tradable item cache.

we were down in gatlinburg in feb. and i took info on 5 caches and wiped them out in the first few days. then i got the bright idea of finding the local library to get internet access. got info about 10 more and the week there was a grand time. been to gatlinburg many times thru the years but found several small parks and locations i never knew about !!!!!