Yes!

InHope

I got my GPS in one day! Just came in the mail today! WOOT WOOT. So far I just drove back to work after lunch with it to watch it locate satellites :( hahah new toy.

I'm going to figure out how to use it tonight, and do 3 local caches tomorrow!

Super excited!

Tomorrow, whats that. Don't you mean that you are going to figure it out this evening, and find those first three tonight? :blink:

Good luck and welcome to the addiction. Sounds like you have the "bug".

I agree, don't procrastinate, get out there and find 'em.

Well ok. Honestly I was thinking about taking the day off. However, my last day at this job is Friday, and it's in the mental health sector so I have TONS of paperwork to get done. Otherwise, I'd have been gone :)

Ahh, the refreshing zeal of a new hunter. Welcome, good luck and remember - Its supposed to be fun. so for some tips...

1. Use the compass screen versus the map screen. Tells you where to go and how far left to go.

2. Rather than trying to get to the 0 point on your GPSr (basically standing on top of the cache) stop about 50 feet from the expected location. Then stop looking at your GPS and start looking at your location. Look for the obvious clues to the cache location. Piles of sticks, rocks, dead hollow tree, or stump in plain view. Don't forget to look at the size of the cache you are looking for. Nothing like thinking you are hunting a regular sized cache, when it is actually a micro-cache.

3. Start out with the easiest dificulty caches (D/T). So go for the 1/1 to 2/2 caches first.

4. Have fun and enjoy

... As I await the PUS man to bring my new kayak :)

Well ok. Honestly I was thinking about taking the day off. However, my last day at this job is Friday, and it's in the mental health sector so I have TONS of paperwork to get done. Otherwise, I'd have been gone :ph34r:

Now, be honest. They're still going to be crazy whether you do that paperwork or not, so what's the diff?

I found my first cache within an hour of putting batteries in my first GPS. Now, that's some good crazy!