I Have Looked...

what is the best way to redo cords on a cache? My Time To Play has been replaced (for about 3 days now), and it is about 30 feet away from old point... Sould I just enter the new ones in the page that says to add/edit them? Is there a different way to do it? Should I contact the reviewer and have him help me.... what is the best/easiest way to do it?

edited to add the hyper link to my cache....

Edited by wandat24

what is the best way to redo cords on a cache? My Time To Play has been replaced (for about 3 days now), and it is about 30 feet away from old point... Sould I just enter the new ones in the page that says to add/edit them? Is there a different way to do it? Should I contact the reviewer and have him help me.... what is the best/easiest way to do it?

There is a new feature where the owner can post a note with new coords that will automatically update the cache. Just try it, it should work if you are only moving it 30 feet.

There is a new feature where the owner can post a note with new coords that will automatically update the cache. Just try it, it should work if you are only moving it 30 feet.

Ok, thanks I'll try that here in just a couple mins

Thanks again!!! I sure am glad it was easier then I thought.... I wanted to show my hubby I could do it :):) . I just hope, like me, you won't tell him I didn't do it on my own... I really shoulda been able to figure it out for myself, but the little ones have been running and screaming alot today :) and makes it hard to think.....

:( You circumstances is exactly the reason why they added this new feature, so the owner could change their coordinates for certain, rare occasions. You used to have to go through the administrator for your area which sometimes was a hassle and could take a couple days. I never could understand why it was ever set up where you couldn't change your coordinates. Good job!

:( You circumstances is exactly the reason why they added this new feature, so the owner could change their coordinates for certain, rare occasions. You used to have to go through the administrator for your area which sometimes was a hassle and could take a couple days. I never could understand why it was ever set up where you couldn't change your coordinates. Good job!

This is incorrect. You've always been able to move your own coordinates by up to 528 feet -- any distance greater than that, and a site volunteer needs to get involved. That is because a cache that's moved more than .1 miles away often should just be listed as a new cache.

The new "update coordinates" log type continues this ability to make adjustments of less than 528 feet. The only real difference is now a record of the changes is kept in the database.

When the town decided to put a flower bed in front of the fence where one of my caches is hidden, I moved it twenty feet, and changed the coordinates through 'edit the cache'. It was a simple procedure.

My biggest problem was the small one I had on my property was muggled, everything taken... then the contents was left thrown around the area. I was able to find another spot (on my property) to place a new one, but could only do it as a micro this time lol. I used the log it and chose the add cords, or something like that lol. was pretty easy :)