Downloading Waypoints

aintnorock

Is there any way to download more than one page of waypoints at a time? I'm a newbie, and want to check out all the caches within 50 miles or so. If I do a search on my zip code, I'll get several pages of caches, but I can only see how to check all of them on 1 page and download only that 1 page. Is there any way to download 2 or 3 or more pages at once?

Is there a way to search on difficulty and terrain designations?

thanks,

carl

Is there any way to download more than one page of waypoints at a time? I'm a newbie, and want to check out all the caches within 50 miles or so. If I do a search on my zip code, I'll get several pages of caches, but I can only see how to check all of them on 1 page and download only that 1 page. Is there any way to download 2 or 3 or more pages at once?

Is there a way to search on difficulty and terrain designations?

thanks,

carl

Pocket Queries Geocaching.com is what you need. You can get up to 500 waypoint at a time. However, you need to be a premium member. Most find that the $30 a year is well worth it. You can alway try it out for $3 for a month.

Pocket Queries Geocaching.com is what you need. You can get up to 500 waypoint at a time. However, you need to be a premium member. Most find that the $30 a year is well worth it. You can alway try it out for $3 for a month.

I think it's fair to mention that PQ's do not give you immediate results. You create them, then wait for them to run (once per 24 hour period) and get the results in an email. This does you no good if you are trying to load up waypoints the night before a trip. I purchased a premium membership thinking, oh--I'll be able to get all these in one file. I was surprised to find this was not so. Don't get me wrong--I'm glad to pay $30/annual to support the site...just this PQ feature did not quite satisfy what I thought I would get.

I'm a programmer....I don't understand what's so difficult about a "Download all 237 results in one file" option. I mean--the database query has already run and returned all those results. It would be LESS load on the server to give users a "download all in one file" option rather than have them paginate through 15 pages of results and download a file for each. It's a win-win I think.