3. Run, Chicken, RUN!!! (2) - 2418mi

4. leip11's rokop racecoin - 2161.6mi

5. Twin Peaks Meridian Crosser - 1847.5mi

6. Jake's Super Fast Racing Silver Tee Geocoin - 1680.2mi

7. UKCC'S Scotland Geocoin - 1591mi

8. Zombie Tribe Race Coin #2 - 1230.5mi

9. Out and About - Toronto - 1175.2mi

10. Native American Geocoin-Premier Geocoin Race - 953.8mi

*L-M-N's racing crab geocoin just landed in Hong Kong so it will be leading for sure when the mileage updates.

* = coin movement but mileage not updated

Updated top 10: We have a new LEADER! Good luck trying to catch up now.

1. L-M-N's racing crab geocoin - 7928.4mi

*2. Dancingfools Maryland Geocoin Racer - 3139.8mi

3. Atalanta - Toronto 2006 Geocoin - 2460.7mi

4. Run, Chicken, RUN!!! (2) - 2418mi

5. leip11's rokop racecoin - 2161.6mi

6. Twin Peaks Meridian Crosser - 1847.5mi

7. Jake's Super Fast Racing Silver Tee Geocoin - 1680.2mi

8. UKCC'S Scotland Geocoin - 1591mi

9. Zombie Tribe Race Coin #2 - 1230.5mi

10. Out and About - Toronto - 1175.2mi

Updated top 10:

*2. Dancingfools Maryland Geocoin Racer - 3139.8mi

*5. leip11's rokop racecoin - 2161.6mi

Updated top 10:

2. Dancingfools Maryland Geocoin Racer - 3139.8mi

5. leip11's rokop racecoin - 2166.8mi

Not to much activity today.

Updated top 10:

*6. Twin Peaks Meridian Crosser - 1847.5mi

*9. Zombie Tribe Race Coin #2 - 1230.5mi

Updated top 10: Couple of placements but it didn't change the order any.

6. Twin Peaks Meridian Crosser - 2006.4mi

9. Zombie Tribe Race Coin #2 - 1510.8mi

Updated top 10: Couple of placements but it didn't change the order any.

6. Twin Peaks Meridian Crosser - 2006.4mi

9. Zombie Tribe Race Coin #2 - 1510.8mi

No changes to the top 10. Res is suppose to be back today but he has alot of e-mail to go through. I'll post a updated list tonight if RES doesn't have the website updated.

Welcome back RES!!!

i think my coin might have been muggled or something :D it was dropped into a cache and there have been a few visits to the cache and none have reported `seeing the coin :( ive emailed people who were there but no replies. i think i might be out :)

7 people have now grabbed or discovered my coin and are posting it between each other! :( Why???? This has been going on for 10 days! So it has done next to no mileage and visited only 2 caches! Don't think this coin is going to get very far! :)

And so it goes on ..... still no movement, still not placed in a cache ;)

I know it is the taking part that counts but at this moment in time I don't even feel like I am taking part! They can't say they don't know this coins mission .... I attached a laminated card to it, and the link is on its homepage :D

:( There has been a disturbance in the geocaching force.

The Jedi Geocoin from Toronto remains in 28th place. This is no life for a Jedi Geocoin. I am pledging myself to the dark side and will now be known as the Sith Coin and call upon the passions and dark motives of the geocachers to take me to fulfill my destiny.... :)

I am back.

First a big thank you to Shilo for taking the initiative and keeping everyone updated on the race.

It took awhile but I managed to get the list up to date and there are 4 new entrants in the race too. Looks like L-M-N's racing crab geocoin has more than double the lead of the 2nd place coin. Atalanta - Toronto 2006 Geocoin has a commanding lead in the Most Movements category.

...now I better not say that I am going away for 3 weeks in the summer... :(

Ellesche and I got married on the 3rd and drove to Quebec City for our honeymoon for a week. I had never been to Quebec City before and it was a truely amazing place rich in history and so many interesting things to see. We certainly did a lot of sightseeing and even managed to squeeze in 64 caches during the week long trip. Now for the long process of logging them all.

As for geocoins, we only found one during the whole trip and to our surprise it was one of our Toronto Geocoins. That was very unexpected.

Ellesche also found her 1000th cache at GCNFFJ, which was an old historic covered bridge, which was a good thing (that it was a covered bridge), since it was pouring rain outside that day, so it kept us dry.

We'll definitely want to go back to Quebec City one day again.

When we got home there were 4 more race coin entries in the mail, waiting to start their journey.

Ellesche and I got married on the 3rd and drove to Quebec City for our honeymoon for a week. I had never been to Quebec City before and it was a truely amazing place rich in history and so many interesting things to see. We certainly did a lot of sightseeing and even managed to squeeze in 64 caches during the week long trip. Now for the long process of logging them all.

As for geocoins, we only found one during the whole trip and to our surprise it was one of our Toronto Geocoins. That was very unexpected.

Ellesche also found her 1000th cache at GCNFFJ, which was an old historic covered bridge, which was a good thing (that it was a covered bridge), since it was pouring rain outside that day, so it kept us dry.

We'll definitely want to go back to Quebec City one day again.

When we got home there were 4 more race coin entries in the mail, waiting to start their journey.

Wow, you married a woman that went Geocaching on your honeymoon?!?!?!?!?!? You have any idea of how many guys you just made jealous! <_<

My 2006 Toronto geocoin thats in the race is um missing. I guess it blew an engine and got lost in all the smoke.

I have put out a APB on it and have started a full blown investigation but all has turn up empty. :lol:

So I guess its fatality #2. ;)

At least my original racer is still in the race. It had a bad encounter with a newbie but all is resolved now :D

It's well off the pace too, about 30 laps down

RES,

Could you please post here when you update the website? I can't remember to check...I'm getting older.

That way I get a nice little reminder in my e-mail box :P

Sure, I can post when I have updated the race stats...they're updated! :huh:

I try to update it every day during the week (not usually Saturdays or Sundays), unless there hasn't been any significant updates.

7 coins are currently waiting for their mileage to be updated on their respective coin pages.

RES,

Could you please post here when you update the website? I can't remember to check...I'm getting older.

That way I get a nice little reminder in my e-mail box :P

Sure, I can post when I have updated the race stats...they're updated! :D

I try to update it every day during the week (not usually Saturdays or Sundays), unless there hasn't been any significant updates.

7 coins are currently waiting for their mileage to be updated on their respective coin pages.

Thank you Res :):huh::):P

Latest race stats are uploaded.

2 coins have made big jumps to 13th and 14th place.

you can mail the coins???

I didn't think so but I guess you can as 3 or 4 coins have been mailed. It was discussed in the other thread before the race started but I never heard a 'official' ruling. I guess we have our answer :lol:

My coin was stuck in somebody's hand for quite some time and then I saw why, he had decided to ship the coin to one of his friends, I actually thought he had just cancelled the race for my coin, but after looking over the rules I saw nothing mentioned abnout it so I left things up to res2100 and waited for the judgment... He seems to have let it go. I guess it's acceptable.

Race page has been updated...one coin jumped from 16th to 13th place. The rest were just minor movements lower down in the field.

As for mailing coins. I have nothing against it. I've noticed that someone has been doing this with a couple race coins and also noticed in the past that they have done this with non race coins too. The person also has no coins in the race. There's also no rule against it. So I have no objection unless someone tried to mail their own coin or got a friend to mail their coin. I am assuming right now that no one has found their own race coin in a cache as of yet.

I've also noticed that several coins have changed hands at a cache site or other location, but they are being logged into caches and then retrieved by the other person that they were with. Even though the coin never actually stayed in the cache for any period of time. I know I have given coins directly to people to start the race, as I did this weekend, and those I had them grab from me instead of me ficticiously placing them into caches. This does go against the rules. At the end of the race I will check the top racer(s) and make the appropriate adjustments to caches placed in and mileage if necessary. I don't expect that this would effect the winner or top place standing, but it may if it is a close race. I hope we are all ok with this, since I have found it is just too hard to keep track of any illegitimate movements/placements each day.

The most important thing of course is that we all have fun watching our coins travel throughout the world.

I've also noticed that several coins have changed hands at a cache site or other location,

what is the position if a coin changes hands at a cache event?

If a Geocoin or TB is brought to an event, the normal handling of it would be to change hands at some point during the event and then it would leave the event with the person who took it or who it was handed too. Unlike in a regular cache, a geocoin or TB would not remain at an event cache. So it is definately fine to put a racer geocoin into an event cache and then hand it off to someone else at the event. In other words, the coin did attend the event. Too many times I see a geocoin or TB logged into a geocache when it never was actually put into that cache but instead just handed off to a friend at the cache location or even somewhere in the area.

Race page has been updated again. Lots of coins moved around this weekend, including a couple of very big jumps. One coin went from #101 to 4th place and a new entry that just started a week ago made the jump from 106th place to #2!!!

And my 2 coins keep going backwards :rolleyes:

Oh well maybe one of them will get the most caches award.